www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 ASME HPV Racing
 RPS FEA Inquiry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zizorey8 Posted - 11/22/2014 : 03:20:59
This is our team's first participation at ASME HPVC , I had an inquiry about the development of the RPS FEA Model, the rules mentions that the applied forces (2670 N top & 1330 N Side ) should be reacted at the roll bar attachment point to the frame, I watched a video for one of the judges telling that we can make any other good assumptions, my question is, ((Are we free to assume any other constraints such as rigid (fixed) rear and front suspension points?))
Thanks in advance
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mayank Posted - 06/29/2016 : 01:20:31
You are free to use any sort of constraints. But it would be better if you use fixed geometry at the joint(weld) between the chassis and rps, as this would give you the most drastic results, ensuring your rps can easily take the load without failure during real time testing.
The method you are proposing is also going to work but you would have to keep your factor of safety around 1.5 to account for elastic behaviour of vehicle frame. This may lead to redundant design.

P.S.- Pls try to validate your results using numerical calculations or by running simulation on different platforms, ensuring your final results.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000