www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 ASME HPV Racing
 Energy storage device rule clarification

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oklahomaSPV Posted - 04/27/2016 : 17:33:12
The rules seem to be clear that all energy storage devices must be completely empty before the start of the race so that all energy used is generated by the rider. However, most batteries perform poorly when completely drained, many experience shortened lifespans, and some simply cease to work entirely. In light of this, would it be an acceptable modification of the rule to allow a partial charge but require that each race end with more charge in the battery than at the start? This would still ensure that the rider has created all the necessary power to complete the event while increasing the efficiency and lifespan of the vehicle.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warren Posted - 04/27/2016 : 18:54:25
They could specify that all systems must use a BMS, and that the batteries must be drained below BMS cutoff before the start of the event.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000