www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 HPV Racing
 2018 HPRA South Florida Challenge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artsifrtsi Posted - 09/23/2017 : 14:21:45
As a member of South Florida Recumbent Riders (SFRR), and a participant of the past two years of the South Florida Challenge (SFC), we are trying to make the event for 2018 a great event. Planning is in the initial stages, and we have great excitement in the SFRR members!

The big thing we need first, is of course the dates. The Sebring races are Feb 10-11 for 2018. I know the last two years I have gone, the SFC has been Feb, however March may be a better month, as that is bike month here in Broward County, so we may be able to get a TON of free promotion, at least locally. We want to invite as many manufacturers and vendors to attend as we can, and just make this a huge ADVENTURE, to include recreation riding, maybe a little marketplace, and events for the non-racers/riders as well. SFRR would like to try to try to have the racing all on one day, if possible, and then a family fun day on the other day.

We are open to suggestions, and will need volunteers and donations (such as timing devices, cone movers, etc) to make this a great event. Any input and assistance from prior organizers would be welcome and encouraged.

If we go with the weekend of March 17-18 then we could include some St Patricks hijinks as well, and might attract the folks from ICE. (yes, I know ICE is English and St Patrick is Irish...). If we want it to be right after Sebring, that would be the weekend of Feb 17-18. Before Sebring I don't see as good, as a lot of folks will be driving from out of state, and most of those states are bad for driving earlier in Feb.

I'd like to have a date set within the next week so we can start getting the track and sponsors booked, as well as everyone can get plans and arrangements set.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000