www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 WHPSC (Battle Mountain)
 Wrap-up 2017 event

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Upright Mike Posted - 10/21/2017 : 09:26:50
This year was exciting for me to return to Battle Mountain after four years away. The last time I was there (2013) was with Fran and Florian Kowalik, and he was only a freshman in high school going for a Junior world record. Now four years later he's graduated and heading off to the Navy! Wow where as the time gone. It was so nice to see old friends, Al and Alice Krause, who keep this event going, so many volunteers like Scott Wilson, Mark Mueller, Dave Larrington, Larry Lem (who wasn't racing this year!, but helped volunteer everywhere), and so many others was good. It was good to see Barbara Buatois back with Julius, Georgie, and Steve Nash. Missed seeing Team Cygnus, the funnest people at the event usually! But got to meet Team Policumbent, Team Liverpool for the first time in the 3 years they've been doing the event. Team Delft brought some excitement to the event with their ladies finishing as 2nd and 3rd fastest of all time. It was nice to see so many others. Team Mexico had its trials, but had fun. Macquarie University was a quiet team who kept going faster throughout the week despite their bike not fitting Charles. Team Super Ketta has a superb machine, and very fast - I think my new favorite bike. Toronto once again the winners. I'm sorry Calvin didn't get an 80 mph hat this year, but two runs at 79.2 and 79.3 mph shows just how fast he is.

This year I went to support Natasha Morrison who was aiming to see several ladies unfaired records. Pete Amminger and I were her crew with the gracious support of Garrie Hill, who has helped this event and racers so much. Natasha didnt go quite as fast as she had hoped but learned so much. We had run racing the Velociraptor built by John Morcgilio.

I took my now 18-year old Norus out once again, and it was the oldest running streamliner there. It won an award for the only landing gear at the competition (important as the launch rules will change next year) Since I didn't tape up my wheel wells, or was using poor tires I only went 50 mph (below my best of 60 mph). Thanks to Jun Nogami, chief timer for always encouraging me to get my next hat one day.
More later...

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000