www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Electric Recumbents
 Electric kit for the Recumbent Tricycle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Peskeybobcat Posted - 09/04/2011 : 13:58:09
http://www.electric-bikes.com/betterbikes/e4.html
Did not look like there was a lot out there for the Recumbent Tricyle.However there is a 6 to 8 week wating list guss they do not keep any kits on hand...
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robbyheansen Posted - 12/24/2014 : 04:50:26

Customized lithium battery pack!
The lithium battery pack in www.electric-batteries.com
Doug Posted - 05/06/2013 : 19:52:16
Where can I buy the e-4 kit for my sun ez3. I have called electroportal and they have a 6 to 8 week wait. I see where a posting said they bought it from ecoride Swedish. However I have not been able to find a web site with that name. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanke for looking at my post
warren Posted - 12/24/2011 : 18:38:35
Ha, It's a bit colder here in the midwest.
Peskeybobcat Posted - 12/24/2011 : 12:14:36
Yep my nose froze today.. It got cold...
Peskeybobcat Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:48:50
Holly molly sounds like I am going to get cold..?? Did I foget to say I live in Cal?? lOL..
Dreamer Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:37:47
Chuck,

I think we all get a little damp when it's raining. Even if you wear a rain proof shell you will sweat inside. The trick my wife and I use is to let the damp come in but keep out the wind. I've found a Wind Wrap bubble fairing over the front really helps in heavy rains and rain flaps from the fender to about a 1/2" above the ground really keep the spray down. For the rear wheel I just add a strip of rain proof material to the back of the seat and cover the top of the tire with a luggage rack. A ski mask, goggles, and light insulated gloves are great additions for early season cold weather.

It also helps to layer your clothes. For late fall and winter riding I start with an insulated thermal top over a poly-propolene biking shirt, add a long sleeve T shirt under a vest and top off with a zippered wind breaker. The vest will vary from a single layer fleece to a thick down vest and in really cold weather I've substitued the wind breaker for an insulated winter coat with a hood that will fit over the top of my cycling helmet.

Don
Peskeybobcat Posted - 11/02/2011 : 18:40:47
Ya I may of payed to much for this kit but I sure got a big smile on my face now..
How are people staying dry riding it the rain and bad wether??
Peskeybobcat Posted - 10/29/2011 : 17:28:22
Big thanks Warren way cool just what I was looking for.. Hey ? why would someone want to go faster then 20mph on a bicycle? I would be looking at a Honda for over 20mph..
I am an old fart now speed is not for me anymore 20mph 30mph is all i B looking for thees days.. I did buy a new helmet today was a Bell from wally world had to paint it lemon yellow to get what i was looking for terned out not too bad they did not have this kind of stuff when i was a kid 1968 was my first bike thees new helmet today are vented very well something we did not have when i was a kid and the bikes Wow we would of been Boss with the bikes they are putting out to day.. being from a dirt poor family with 4 kids it was a big deal to get a new tier on that one bike for all 4 of us..

warren Posted - 10/28/2011 : 19:17:22
That's a Cyclone motor. They have the reduction gears and controller built in. It's a nice package if going under 20MPH is your goal.
You can get Cyclone motors direct from Cyclone: http://www.cyclone-tw.com/
Or from the US distributor: http://www.cyclone-tw.com/newkits.htm
Note that they do not have the spiffy double cog that you got with your Electroportal kit, which is one reason they are cheaper.

-Warren.
Peskeybobcat Posted - 10/28/2011 : 18:36:04
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Did you select a battery from the dropdown menu when you purchased the kit?

If it's the kit I had, it's a motor with couple cogs on it so it drives through the pedal drive chain. Same kit?
It's a nice kit for 20MPH operation, but a little pricey. I can recommend the 24V x 20 Ah batteries here: http://www.goasisenergy.com/lifepo4_battery
Made in China but shipped from USA so if they have it in stock you should get it fast.

-Warren.

Thanks Warren I am looking for a replacement motor for this kit any ideas?
All and all I am pretty happy with the kit and yes it has the double cog I think they are calling that a planetary gear. I am good for battery but I would be interested in finding a replacement motor and planetary gear just to have it on hand maybe some one here can point me in the right direction?
warren Posted - 10/24/2011 : 19:21:54
Did you select a battery from the dropdown menu when you purchased the kit?

If it's the kit I had, it's a motor with couple cogs on it so it drives through the pedal drive chain. Same kit?
It's a nice kit for 20MPH operation, but a little pricey. I can recommend the 24V x 20 Ah batteries here: http://www.goasisenergy.com/lifepo4_battery
Made in China but shipped from USA so if they have it in stock you should get it fast.

-Warren.
Peskeybobcat Posted - 10/24/2011 : 18:24:20
quote:
Originally posted by Peskeybobcat

http://www.electric-bikes.com/betterbikes/e4.html
Did not look like there was a lot out there for the Recumbent Tricyle.However there is a 6 to 8 week wating list guss they do not keep any kits on hand...

OK folks here is a up date on the motor assist kit by Electroportal LCC for the Sun EZ3 after waiting 5 of the 8 weeks for this order and paying $790.Dollars for the kit it shows up USPS NOT UPS like there web said you will not be getting batteries or fuses with the kit or as shown in photo 24v battery charger even though they talk about them things being included in the kit.. Boy all the motor assist kits for the front wheel that i have seen all come with batteries so you may want to way out the cost difference and go another wrought..

starhawk Posted - 10/03/2011 : 03:41:40
I bought my kit from Ecoride Swedish branch, there was no waiting list there

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000