www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 General Topics
 Need advice for transporting ICE Adventure RS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luvmyc6 Posted - 09/21/2012 : 05:36:42
I really need your help and advice. I just dropped a TON of money for a new ICE Adventure RS, and one detail I overlooked was how in the heck do I tote this thing around in my car?

I don't own a hatchback, I own a Chevy Cruze which has a miniscule sized trunk. Therefore, I need a trunk mounted carrier. A trailer hitch carrier will not work.

Can anyone PLEASE help me with recommendations for a trunk mounted carrier that will work for the ICE Adventure RS?

I love my new bike, but can't transport it to the nearest Metro Park to test out the trails!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warren Posted - 09/21/2012 : 10:07:18
As Harv noted, this is a folding trike. Can't you just fold it and put it in the trunk?
harv Posted - 09/21/2012 : 09:43:20
I remember seeing a video on the ICE site where they break down a trike to fit in the parcel area of a smart car. Maybe the QR options for the front wheels and main frame tubes would be a thing to consider if you plan to travel with the trike more than a few times. Need to ask why a trailer hitch rack won't work. Isn't a hitch available for the Cruze? That would let you buy racks that store trikes either vertically or horizontally. (are you leasing the cruze? that would be a problem with mounting a hitch.) You can also buy roof rack mounted carriers that will mount a trike.
billberry12 Posted - 09/21/2012 : 09:24:44
Just noticed it is a trike. Forget my suggestion.
billberry12 Posted - 09/21/2012 : 09:21:26
The cheapest way out that will work pretty good. They have them at WalMart. Bell 2-Bike Double-Back Rack

http://www.target.com/p/bell-2-bike-double-back-rack/-/A-10407097?reco=Rec|pdp|10407097|PopularProductsInCategory|dynamic_landing_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|PopularProductsInCategory|dynamic_landing_page.vertical_1

www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000