www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 built a velo mule

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 09/28/2015 : 19:01:15
Did know enough, so l built a velo mule to hold all the velo hardware.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Sweet ride: much better than my catrike 700 l sold it.

Grant-53 Posted - 10/16/2017 : 09:37:14
Thanks jjackstone, that is the idea. This is a way off with multiple projects first. Actually the velo mule rear is more like the GM coil spring rear end. The older four wheel drive trucks used Dana 60 solid axles with U-joints at each wheel.
jjackstone Posted - 10/16/2017 : 08:45:31
Grant, Maybe you're looking for something like this.
http://www.dbtrikes.com/dbt3redprototype.htm

Would suggest taking this to a new thread though if you wish to continue discussing it so as not to hijack Carolina's thread.

JJ
carolina Posted - 10/15/2017 : 22:11:25
This would be like having a ford pickup truck rear-end up front? Steer how?

velosRus.com
Grant-53 Posted - 10/15/2017 : 21:31:32
Mostly to save weight. Playing with ideas for a pedal car when my wife retires and we live with the grandchildren in flat terrain. A differential would take the place of CV joints. Twisting V belts would be easier. Hilliard Co. locally could be a source.
Speedbiker Posted - 10/15/2017 : 14:29:54
And you'd make Rube Goldberg proud!
Tom Schneider Posted - 10/14/2017 : 23:52:37
You could try twisting chain front wheel drive. A cog on each front wheel with a chain going to an overhead axle with 2 freewheels. This is definitely a half baked idea that may be ugly!

Tom
Speedbiker Posted - 10/14/2017 : 22:43:23
Sure it could be, if you can design, model, and manufacture all the fwd steering components, tiny CV joints, new axles, and suspension(if wanted). I have the design, machining, and fabrication skills, but why do you want to know?
carolina Posted - 10/14/2017 : 20:45:35
I donít really know answer. Grant

velosRus.com
Grant-53 Posted - 10/14/2017 : 15:13:13
Ditto SB comments. Could the differential be adapted to a front wheel drive system?
carolina Posted - 10/14/2017 : 10:08:37
Thanks!

SB : the whole unit came from netherlands. So smooth itís indescribable. Airbags are from continental tire corporation. It has a differential unit down under cassette area you canít see. If one slips, the other grabs.

Later i will build a plug of balsa and bondo with duratec sprayed on. Then pull two piece mold. The cf part will adhesive into rear lower belly of my cf unibodies for 4 wheeler velomobile.

Iam also waiting on the new DF 4wheeler to come to market. I will buy that rear also and build.

Help: this thread should be in trike section i guess but l donít know how to move it. There is a link over there anyway.

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 10/14/2017 : 08:39:34
That is very interesting rear suspension. It looks like a nearly verticle movement(perpendicular to the chain tension) was your goal. I see the two verticle rear links and panhard rod. Also your forward traction bars with the little airbags. I fear few people will see this post, and fewer will appreciate your efforts. Btw, where did you get the little airbags?
carolina Posted - 10/13/2017 : 19:42:54
And i did buy the 4 wheeler rear and install,, with 18 speed german pinion transmission up front from member Jerry.

Here it is at market lobby:

[/URL]

1)twin 56lb air bags @ rear
2) twin shocks at rear
3) traction bar
4) sway bar
5) macpherson struts at front w/6 tie-rods.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/08/2016 : 06:36:12
its quality parts,, the key.

Had a catrike 700, There is no comparison imo. And this one is shop truck, "l call it". Itís used to make constant changes to help me make decisions in my velomobile molds. Ride someone's velo if ya can around the block and you will not want another trike.

Macpherson strut front suspension and tiller T bar steering. Two frt drum brakes are together with one brake lever. Mine is hardtail but you can buy this kit below (rear 4 wheeler system) if ya want rear suspension.

Velomobiel.nl

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/04/2015 : 20:16:37
no, not hit anything yet. Pretty normal. My bad city drive way curb it can touch with groceries.
ó
Runxner Posted - 09/30/2015 : 01:04:13
Doesn't it high center on speed bumps/ driveway curbs?

Team Low-Life
Lowracer Test Pilot/Evangelist
warren Posted - 09/28/2015 : 19:25:52
Nice! Its getting there...

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000