www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Recumbent Touring
 Coast to Coast Amphibious Attempt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
triyak Posted - 05/01/2016 : 16:56:11
I'm still plugging along with the Quadyak, my amphibious HPV, just haven't posted for a while. It's got about 3000 miles on it in 3 yrs and I've done two 350+ mile trips in 10-12 days.

I leave in about a month for the West coast to start an attempt at crossing the US amphibiously. My general route will be: Coast of OR to Casper, WY by road, Platte River from there to the Missouri River just south of Omaha. Missouri River to the Mississippi River, the Big Muddy to the Gulf, skirt the top of the gulf to FL, cross Florida to St. Augustine. Approx 3500 miles or 100 days of 35 miles avg.

I post mostly facebook updates now, as I started a page just for my adventures in it, so if you want to follow along, go here:
https://m.facebook.com/Quadyak/

I have also started a go-fund-me site for those who want to help make this trip happen. I post udpates there as well.
https://gofundme.com/jqwhcjbw

Feel free to share the above info to any other people/sites. I will try to be better at posting some updates here as well.

Wish me luck!
Randy
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alevand Posted - 10/04/2017 : 19:18:48

Sorry about your loss.

quote:
Originally posted by triyak

This trip got derailed (get it? Its a derailleur joke! Sorry, not sorry) when the frame of my amphib was destroyed in a shop fire. I was prepping for the trip, replacing bolts, bearings, etc when this happened in the spring of 2016. Dad had to deal with insurance, rebuild the shop, etc before we could even about rebuilding my goofy craft.

But start we have, and almost finished. This cross country attempt may happen in the summer of 2018. Stay tuned.

C:
Tony Levand
triyak Posted - 10/01/2017 : 16:11:56
This trip got derailed (get it? Its a derailleur joke! Sorry, not sorry) when the frame of my amphib was destroyed in a shop fire. I was prepping for the trip, replacing bolts, bearings, etc when this happened in the spring of 2016. Dad had to deal with insurance, rebuild the shop, etc before we could even about rebuilding my goofy craft.

But start we have, and almost finished. This cross country attempt may happen in the summer of 2018. Stay tuned.
triyak Posted - 05/05/2016 : 07:26:24
A Facebook post detailing the rebuilding of my rear wheels, with a better way for them to act as rudders in the water. I don't have the photo posted anywhere, so this seemed like the best way to share it.

https://www.facebook.com/randy.ridings.3/posts/10156818119300024
triyak Posted - 05/02/2016 : 06:13:03
Thanks, Warren!
warren Posted - 05/02/2016 : 06:04:28
Man you are really racking up the miles! Good luck with your cross country trek, it should be an epic adventure!

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000