www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Carbon mold/tool for lower&upper enclosed velo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 05/15/2014 : 12:24:23
How l started. My airplane molds (BD-5) l own are used for cf velomobile unibody. Ideas/conversations are welcome: march-7-2015 [This past MAY has been 2 years].

My molds favor this shape:

velosRus.com
-----------------------------------------
brevity&misspelling rampant
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 05/24/2018 : 18:10:43
All hardware is in the plug and bolted. I have to add some fglass to two front holes closest to ya, bout 1/2” , i measured wrong. And iam designing my own top mounts for top of air-bags. See the lil’ mini air-bags? [Continential tire makes the lemon size air-bags that hold 80 pounds]. If you love to take hard curves & turns, this hugs the road like its on a track. Its like Christmas with this project.

—————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/24/2018 : 14:33:58
No rear der..

I like the hilgo rear floor shfter: ordered one! Zoom in, it will work on four wheeler.

It will go in floor of unibody behind seat:

———————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/23/2018 : 17:28:46
More headaches, hehehehe but it fits in there. Keep trying to find a seat for all the hole locations. More work.

Couple more fixes to lower the axle a lil’: I’ll do more vertical ww molding later after bolt hole locations.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/23/2018 : 11:50:17
Rear support wall in now for 2 shocks and 1 sway bar at rear of whole hardware unit.

My unibody 4 wheeler option (other than 3 wheeler) is more like POD velomobile than Quattrovelo because l have removable rear cowling like WAW velomobile.
———————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/20/2018 : 15:59:00
Left lower inside, other side tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/k5U8evBlY2A

more knee breaking work this morning in driveway and inside. You can see one side complete and other curing. L & R bottom of wheel wells are tilted in now, clearance of wheels for the straight axle wheel loaded over hump in the road. NEXT I WILL TILT THE TWO TOP FIVE INCHES INWARD MORE. THAT WILL BE EASY AND NEEDED MUCH.

—————————
velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/16/2018 : 12:51:55
Now cosmetics work on half belly from foam up and the two wheel wells. Weeks for me. Rear cowling out of the way now.

Built in 4 more hard points this morning:

Shop mule:

https://youtu.be/Od_dz3G3yfg
—————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/15/2018 : 19:14:50
Ae lord son, kilt! :) This black floor plate @ rear there is last mechanical fixture of plug. Scrap cfiber down in there with 1/8” foam underneath. Now i can leave rear cowling off if l want. It helps structure though for finishing work. My scrap carbon always gets used up. The inch & 1/4 flange sticking up will be an adhesive area.

———————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/14/2018 : 11:53:03
DONT LET PLUGS BOTHER YOU, amateur ones are always ugly on one side.
————————————-

Had to make full scale template (quattrovelo aluminum rear-end) this morning to see if i can get the rear-end in between wheel wells. And the orange stock cut-out in WW’s. The orange stock axle hole pattern has fingers on to help insert wide axle. I DID LEARN YA CAN INSTALL UPSIDE DOWN (trick) THEN ROLL IT OVER BACKWARDS. Looks good. Whewww!

If ya had pic of quattrovelo. The holes i cut look like this flipped on both wheel wells so you can get the long axle in tight place.

Its in: my axle holes will have rubber slotted cover.

Next lil project is to build 4 layer carbon floorboard at rear. Last 1/3.
——————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/13/2018 : 17:48:18
Plug getting smaller. Today was first day with some structure. I took off the cowling. This thing will be a big plug in storage soon l hope. ALL OF THE SHINY WORK WILL GO IN THE TWO WHEEL WELLS AND ON BELLY! What you see now in appearance want change much. Hope to pull a 2 part mold from underneath. The finished unit glues into velomobile unibody rear with dow u-428 like all other standard velo parts from all composite velo companies.

I cut the bulkhead out now 80% and the air-bag holes and axle holes. There will be a floor from middle floor backwards then vertical 6”s.

———————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/13/2018 : 10:25:25
Takes alot of patience and thinking for amateur’s like me. Make changes but ya haf to keep studying. Try to think about maintenance and easy to extract rear-end. I will do a rear install of rear-end unless a better idea comes up.

BOB-TAIL:

Take off wheels and traction bars and install thru oval holes in wheel wells from rear.

——————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/12/2018 : 20:33:21
Cleico city. It’s getting close for many moons of bondo: people build plug many different ways. No CNC stuff here. Huge plug to make 2 small molds.

4 wheeler wheel wells plug. Will be two small molds

Finding some bases down in there front and rear of bulkhead of which lower bulkhead will be cut out this week. That’s where axle goes.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/07/2018 : 18:16:29
Days left on these 2 plugs: plug=mold=parts.

Making plugs for rear ww’s, getting closer. Taller than frt ww’s.

WW has to tilt inward at top and bottom too. Also cut very bottom and added 2” of fiberglass/held together with pieces of wood & hotglue till tomorrow. Top 1/3 is cut and tilted in. These will be female plugs. These will be shiny buffed duratec inside of wheel wells, not outside with the magic of bondo & duratec.
———————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/04/2018 : 20:38:41
There’s room for trunk in 4 wheeler: but i like bob tail too.

__19656_________________

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/04/2018 : 14:13:28
Probably will have to be a open wheel well at rear. Wanted to keep it closed partially. But that want be so bad.

I made 8 pieces just to make this plug even if it’s one or two piece plug. Build these into one and fit them down in there.

Mold will be pulled out of the belly of this huge plug. I made a 3rd of the velo to make this plug.

Trimming, bid plys, bondo in and out. Then cut each ww in 4 location and form again. What would we do without cleicos and masking tape.

Plug=mold=part
——————————

The quattrovelo rear-end is like a 70’s ford pick up truck. Straight axle with springs (mini air-bags) and shocks. Traction bars and sway bar too.

So, the top and bottom of wheel wells haf to tilt in at top and bottom for tires at steep entry curbs, drive ways.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 05/04/2018 : 13:59:17
With any luck l can pull off a plug for 4 wheeler. Unibody narrows a rear cowling.

Try to shove this rear-end into velo:

—————————————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/30/2018 : 20:25:13
Configured plug today as is in velomobile: now for 4 wheeler.

Trying one of these: wbt-1 the best so they say: i have ordered blde M from uk, serrated blade for kevlar. Will extend life of motor.

[oh, l love this tool]

Constantly changes to rear wheel wells.

——————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/29/2018 : 17:12:03
Grey plug finished ,taken out of mold 2,may.. Now work on 4 wheeler rear ww’s plug, May be 2 plugs/2 molds, not sure yet

Rear wheel well plug for the 3 wheeler. I built this plug bout a year ago but decided to redoo the flange.

PLUG=MOLD=PART

Best tool in shop: boat rights divider found on ebay: got idea from Lou. Ya can’t quit watching his vids.
https://youtu.be/6xpnWQVM2C0

—————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/28/2018 : 19:17:22
Big plug to make 3 plugs.

1)
https://youtu.be/QmpxTkgQ-2c

2)
https://youtu.be/I8_Cr7rHndE

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/25/2018 : 15:49:59
SPENT PART TO BE USED IN SHOP:

4 hour layup, 2 & 1/2 hours cutting patterns. 4 more hours prep time, i put a foam rib in front.
1) part can be used to fine tune swing arm rear wheel well plug.
2) also to make new rollover plug for new man-hole entrance top.
3) and to use to make plug for quattrovelo rear wheel wells.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/24/2018 : 16:14:50
Laying up last 15” of lower for shop use and to make 4 wheeler rear wheel wells plug. It will also make new rollover for new top. Need both, l love the full canopy for cool & cold months.

Took all day to spray & wait spray and wait 6 times, cure morning an ready to layup tomorrow. PVA down, then duratec clear. It want stick, probably bout fall out of mold. Cure couple days. I use duratec clear sunshield instead of gelcoat, love it. I put in some duratec higloss additive and a shot of duratec thinner to spray.

The 2018 top i started. Make a plug from this.

—————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/23/2018 : 12:46:43
Those i bought from velomobiel.nl in yellow. They swivel and mount w/ 2 stainless washers, star washer & nut. Just drilled a hole.

The box:

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 04/23/2018 : 10:23:35
Looks good Mike.
Are those WAW mirrors?
Any pics of how they fit together?
carolina Posted - 04/22/2018 : 18:56:09
To the grocery store.

————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/19/2018 : 15:48:11
Ran out of black primer. Wet-sanding for wrapper guy. Bunch more touch up wet-sanding.

————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 04/17/2018 : 20:16:48
Forgot to paint roll-over in prep for wrap:

Love this pic:

velosRus.com

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000