www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Technical / Bike Building
 i want to build a low racer short.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 07/05/2016 : 19:34:06
I have got to build a lowracer. My favorite is john tetz . Dad is 90 and gets around great but l gotta get him riding. He plays golf 2 or three days a week.

I will make of carbon fiber. I make and sell square cf tubes on ebay. I will have a new style boom, @ rear will be 26" & 20" up front.

l like john's more uprite and shorter angles:

[/URL]

Will look like this from seat backwards but with no frame. It will be hardtail unibody with no frame. l will use cf 12K twill, innegra, nomex honeycomb. l will use my velomobile mold to make rear, this unibody 2 wheeler will weigh less being all carbon. Enclosed chain canal under seat all the way back to rear derailleur. Enclosed wheels front and rear. Sturmey Archer drum hubs front & rear.

[/URL]

Will have chain canal, runs whole length out to rear bulkhead. Help keep stuff clean.

Carbon fiber square tubes up front will be glued with hysol aircraft adhesive: Also will need uv clear cote over carbon. Or a color. l have seat mold and iam making a new seat (plug) with lil' more height for neck & head.

[/URL]

Maybe a pinion: below 18 speed, maybe to heavy up there.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 12/08/2017 : 11:00:15
Ya might have use for one someday. Iam putting one on my 2 wheel lowracer and re-direct the boom. I can put em on ebay too.

Thanks!

velosRus.com
warren Posted - 12/08/2017 : 08:33:49
That's cool.
carolina Posted - 12/07/2017 : 19:35:06
Front fender plug, alot of work to only ise one time to make the 2 piece mold.

20 fenders carbon or fiberglass.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/09/2017 : 19:50:18
Gonna re-doo boom /bb lower when l get time.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/01/2017 : 10:32:05
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

And what's with the sexy robot? Another project you're working on?

I want one up in my bed. Hope I don't break parts all the time:). Be interesting to see what kind of trash she talks late night. Raised in army town with world famous topless bars.

I like that neck boom speedbiker

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/01/2017 : 10:30:46
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Have you been able to ride your low racer yet or did you decide to abandon it?

Youtube of its first ride few post up! Still want to do the half circle boom like robs.

Here tiz again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAnZChZLH0

Speedb calls me a natural.
------------------

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 09/29/2017 : 10:39:15
And what's with the sexy robot? Another project you're working on?
warren Posted - 09/29/2017 : 08:00:05
Have you been able to ride your low racer yet or did you decide to abandon it?
carolina Posted - 09/28/2017 : 13:41:28
I wanta mod boom like pic above and get bb lower.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/16/2017 : 12:22:40
Gonna attempt a cf frame in my jig . Fb cargo bike. Gonna just stick with my cf velomobiel unibodies. Love making em. Fatbike is not a headache, can't find 2 wheeler recumbent I like.

Working on my motor home:

[/URL]

Try to buy this in January:

[/URL]

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 09/16/2017 : 08:26:09
They bash your neck if you fall that way.

I race fatbikes in winter. Very fun.
Speedbiker Posted - 09/15/2017 : 05:01:08
That's weird. Anyway, I hope you didn't build that over the shoulder frame tube. They are quite dangerous in a crash.
carolina Posted - 09/14/2017 : 12:18:42
What happened to the post again?

Oh well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAnZChZLH0

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/30/2017 : 17:42:19
Gonna build a neck boom on right side . Pic below! Balsa wood sanded to shape with cf. SOB want move then. Well l hope. Gonna slam the bb down a lil to then see if i can get frt fender mold complete soon. The frt fender on john tetz bike is my favorite part.

Rob's below: it's aluminum l think.
[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/30/2017 : 10:18:45
I have it weak lateral under the seat, some more work. Check out my "fork you" thread for more advanced jig fixtures. Recumbent frames, cargo frames, fat tire frames & frt forks and rear stays.

Thru it back in the jig fixture. Gotta make some more cf sq tubes, iam out! Need some for this and my quad velo.

[/URL]

I ride the shop-mule below for a over 2 years, love it. Gonna convert this metal frame to cf. Take me a while to make a few more cf tubes. Speedy with my airbladder mold that stays up 20 hours, then i hold vaccum to pull latex tube out which has mclube release on it.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/28/2017 : 15:47:31
I have lil' to much flex under rear w well but l can fix.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/26/2017 : 09:47:31
I see. ,,, put chain on and try again l will. The side street is level. THANKS. Lowracer BB is 21".

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 08/26/2017 : 07:07:10
Ha! Not remotely the same! Higher seat, lower relative pedals make for a higher cg, giving your more time to react. When you ride the lowracer be prepared to quickly work the handlebars as you start. If you fall it is only because you didn't keep the bike under you.
carolina Posted - 08/25/2017 : 19:40:38
Thanks guys!

I will try, i just wanted a roll down. I will put chain on a go to parking lot.

I rode this below for month or so kirk left here with no problem. Ya would think no problem w/lowracer.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
warren Posted - 08/24/2017 : 13:49:42
I agree - you built it right, just practice riding it. It wont take long. It's amazing how fast your brain figures it out.
Speedbiker Posted - 08/24/2017 : 10:56:27
Nooooo! It looks absolutely fine! Learn to ride it. All the changes you list have negative consequences. Put on leather gloves and find a big parking lot with a little slope.
carolina Posted - 08/24/2017 : 08:13:30
Yea, i will take some rake out. Seat more up right, bar directly over steer stem like johns. I doo have the jig and inclination meter on it & steer tube cone lock-downs. I think my vertical tube is to short also.

Seat backwards is good.

velosRus.com
warren Posted - 08/24/2017 : 06:44:01
It may take a little practice, don't give up too soon!
carolina Posted - 08/23/2017 : 18:07:05
I can't even coast down the hill, LMAO! Can't keep my balance 2 feet. Oh well! I gotta have 3 or 4 wheels. I rode kirk's LWB with no problem.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/23/2017 : 07:18:33
[/URL]

Ya sure can't turn much with this.

velosRus.com

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000