www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Teubner O2 velomobile update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warren Posted - 04/08/2010 : 18:10:24
Up there in the Northern reaches of Minnesota, Brad Teubner has been working on his O2 velomobile.

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/Teubner/orangeII.htm

The FWD delta trike configuration allows him to have a huge storage area.

Yes, that's a 5 gallon gas can in the trunk.

-Warren.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grant-53 Posted - 01/20/2017 : 13:30:42
Simply elegant.
Speedbiker Posted - 01/20/2017 : 12:02:20
A great design stands the test of time. Nice to hear you are enjoying your trike.
teubner Posted - 01/20/2017 : 09:44:42
Kind of an update since I don't follow these forums any more (except for a couple weeks before BM to be sure it is still on). Didn't sell the trike, and glad I didn't

Have been riding this trike almost exclusively, retired now and in Florida for the winter, and rolled the odometer over 7000 miles last week. Not high miles for an 8 year old bike, but lots for me.

Present version is as first design, except now only a small tailbox (so I can more easily transport it).

Original chains, sprockets, and disc brake pads still work well.
25hz Posted - 06/28/2010 : 04:43:29
That's pretty much a steal at $1500 for a trike and all the fairing work that has gone into it, IMO. That would be a great trike if someoen wanted to race it in the HPRA series. It looks like it would be extremely simple to build a tilting rear end for it too, if they wanted. I'd be surprised if it isn'e snapped up quick. Good luck on the sale.
teubner Posted - 06/25/2010 : 17:24:03
Orange II velomobile for sale. Build details at http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/Teubner/orangeII.htm
I decided to build a really good vehicle for self-supported touring. I just finished a 5-day 350 mile self-supported tour and decided that I donít care for touring. The bike was excellent, but my body wore out and my attitude was bad. Rode for 2 hours in the rain one day, and none of the cargo got wet. Ran 17 mph into a headwind for the last 5 miles to home at the end of a 91 mile day. This trike works well. Fly into GFK, stay in our guest room, ride it for a few days to decide if you really want it, and I will either haul you back to GFK, or you can ride it home. Or drive up and get it; 56751. It will fit in a minivan with the back seats out. Price is $3000 if you want to negotiate, $1500 if you donít. teubner at wiktel dot com 218-463-4549 days, 1007 evenings/weekends.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000