www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 General Topics
 Fork you!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 09/25/2017 : 22:09:06
I have a excellent welder and machinists/close friends . I can buy correct stem. I have jig fixture. Any help, pics, ideas. I want to build a frt fork 170mm wide for fat 4.5 tyre.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 10/17/2017 : 15:49:59
Yea, 100mm bb.

Nice fork kits.

Iam machining that extra stem base for looks piece. Frt fork will look nice painted fat at stem base. Rivnuts for front racks.

Remember i snagged that gravity frame on ebay for $44 ttd.

After this one is finished soon, i will make cf frame with same nova steel fork kit.

SB: you might can make it look like this with good welder and after paint and filler:

[/URL]

[/URL]

Also, i like the mayor frame since l have 2 sq tube cfiber molds, and the mayor has straight tube from neck to rear axle:

[/URL]

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 10/16/2017 : 18:22:20
That looks way cool. And thanks for the link to Nova. I've been planning on building a df fatbike, but didn't get around to seeing if they had wiiide bb shells. And there it was! I buy all my bits from Nova.
carolina Posted - 10/16/2017 : 17:35:50
All related to 2 wheel frames and forks:

Wider than store bought which is 150mm. “ 0.79 inches wider = 170mm front axle fork”. Allows me to run rear wheelset at front and rear/a match. Old nostalgia fbike/Alaska.

[/URL]

Add some simple visual great looks to this fork by machining a 2 & 1/8 inch X 2” steer stem donut base for the inch & 1/8 steer stem. And the same way on next one even if a tappered stem is wanted. Nice, healthy, fat lower stem base. If wanted 5” tire on 20” rim or 26”.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/15/2017 : 10:39:07
To the door ttd, the kit from nova. They have many sizes and kinds of kits. Don’t think u can’t build your own front fork and hub systems you want. I have laced a bunch of rims up and take them to bike shop to true (13.50$). I will put a 90mm sturmey archer front drum brake on next one. This build is a nostalgia build/idea from Alaska back in the beginning of fattires.

Could it be? 2 twenty inch fat tires on lowracer grocery getter. Now i will try to figure out later how to put fat tires on lowracer:) Retired shop life doesn’t get any better.

[/URL]

LBS mechanic got me interested in buying two rear wheelsets. One in front fork, one at rear. Touring bike. THIS IS 170mm FRONT FORK:

[/URL]

Would you really wanta invest money in jig fixtures to build your own front forks and frames very straight? Alot of people do. This one is matching stays and front fork widths of 170mm skewers.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/11/2017 : 18:33:54
Still some pieces at machine shop for week or so but i have a view of fork jig fixture:

[/URL]
________
velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/30/2017 : 15:20:25
Change up again, more cantilevered stations. Phonelic plate used move stations around or keep em located. I ordered some very affordable linear bearings on 8020.net

Pic shows 2 stations front and rear, the 2 middle stations will push in or out. Both will be on 1 vertical 8020 tube. This fixture will build 4 kinds of bike frames. Couple more weeks of waiting on parts to come and a lil machine work.

[/URL]

A cheaper way to do a station. I have skewers, machinists, and welder so l make custom ones.

[/URL]

I like this for the seat post STATION & copied it going down to bb station:

[/URL]
_________

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/28/2017 : 22:07:12
Jig frame: construction considerations

https://youtu.be/8qrzDCQimT0

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/28/2017 : 18:03:10
Conversion, this jig fixture 8020 will build lowracers or cargo bikes or fat bike all with fat tires.

Some stations being made at machine shop.

Waiting on four units in mail.

Iam getting better at jigs, they help build theirselves.

[/URL]

Today i tweeked and moved and improved the way things go together with interchangeable stations. I kept the idea in mind of sliding stuff around for recumbent or regular machines: many hours today will pay me back in the future with all these slider stations. 170mm, 135mm, 2 sets of cones, and adjustable bb station to hold several kinds of aluminum bb tubes. One could weld on this but l do carbon sq tubes and carbon fiber plates of certain thickness and assembly with adhesives.

[/URL]

I started collecting 8020 and it's accessories over 5 years ago. Don't think u can't have a great fixture on the wall out of the way. Incredible beautiful furniture and conversation. You can start on ebay and order a catalog from 8020 inc.. You can follow the small build of the fork. It all relative. Even the stations can be shared between fork jig or frame jig. Lasers, inclometers, string, etc..

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/28/2017 : 13:38:41
Found bb: now will get danny to machine station for it.

[/URL]

Fork kits:

[/URL]

Brevity and misspelling rampant
----------
velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/27/2017 : 08:11:13
This jig I worked on for months can make many kinds of frames. Thats why i started making a front fork jig fixture that can make different kinds of front forks. Even a stick bike, just slide stuff around.. I started by collecting 8020 stuff on ebay and others for 6 years.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/27/2017 : 07:41:42
A view of my stem end of the jig fixture: you can use hardwood plates like in photo instead of aluminum.

[/URL]

Great technique below for braze-on or adhesive:

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/27/2017 : 07:29:55
Ordered this piece from ebay:

[/URL]

Mine will favor this below:

[/URL]

velosRus.com

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000