www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Technical / Bike Building
 Streamliner Foot box

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matthew Martin Posted - 09/25/2017 : 20:55:55
Hi, thanks for helping me out last time, but now I and re-considering my fairing design, as to whether or not it will fit the foot box. I plan on using a shimano sora group set , which I believe has a q-factor of about 150mm.I am designing my streamlienr to fit people of multiple height so I will also need to take that into account.
Does anybody know of any methods for measuring a foot box or modeling one in cad?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
harv Posted - 10/02/2017 : 21:24:37
Henry Dreyfuss The Measure of Man Human factors in design. Available as a PDF. This is and has been the industrial designers bible for decades and here is a link. You can DL the pdf. http://tinyurl.com/yahojjuo
Matthew Martin Posted - 10/02/2017 : 18:13:26
Thanks... I you were wondering why I need your dimensions for a bike I am building for me, I ti because I don't want to have to rebuild my bike when I get taller. So using others x seams and height I can design my bike better.
SpiderMonkey Posted - 10/02/2017 : 06:23:18
This is an interesting project. Since I'm a bit unusually sized, I'll provide my dimensions. I'm 6'3" but with only about a 46" x-seam, which is apparently a bit shorter than other folks my height (though my legs seem pretty long). I'm pretty skinny, which partially explains my X-seam maybe. Big feet, size 13.

To put that into vehicle ergonomics perspective, if I'm shopping for a car, about half of them won't have enough leg room for me, (typically more room on driver side than passenger, for some reason) so clearly those designers have made their cutoff point before reaching my height.

--SpiderMonkey
Matthew Martin Posted - 10/01/2017 : 13:59:41
Thanks, but for my use I want the bike to fit riders of different heights , so if anybody would be willing to help me out , if your could provide your x seam,and shoulder height as well as your height. This would help me make my design able to accommodate the maximum amount of people and body types
Speedbiker Posted - 09/26/2017 : 10:50:26
Most designers will take foot position measurements from high noon(12:00) and every hourly position down to six o'clock. Where most people go wrong is having enough width at 3 o'clock. Also, once you have determined seat to crank height you have to measure the knee height for your tallest rider. And remember, Everytime you change the crank height you have to remeasure everything. A seat to crank height of 8-10 inches is kinda standard. The shorter the seat to crank height, the taller your fairing will be. Taller fairing equals slower velo. 10" is near optimal.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000