www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Carbon mold/tool for lower&upper enclosed velo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 05/15/2014 : 12:24:23
How l started. My airplane molds (BD-5) l own are used for cf velomobile unibody. Ideas/conversations are welcome: march-7-2015 [This past MAY has been 2 years].

My molds favor this shape:

velosRus.com
-----------------------------------------
brevity&misspelling rampant
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 12/11/2017 : 21:24:00
Sorry this gets boring but plugs and the hardest longest parts to finish in the industry. Large companies pay 125$ per sq foot to have them made & ready to polish.

i’ve learned that I don’t hate making plugs and a bunch of new techniques. Some of the next big plugs will be foam covered in duratec products. Type in fiberglast.com. & watch their YouTube channel.

From this to:

this:

—————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 12/10/2017 : 13:49:57
Yes. Fg-innegra or cf-innegra. Mold ready in couple weeks or close. Conquered the sand buff tech of duratec sunshield & very happy. They hang below axles.

velosRus.com
warren Posted - 12/10/2017 : 09:30:58
Very pretty! I may be hitting you up for some 20" wheel fairings!
carolina Posted - 12/07/2017 : 19:39:53
CURING A EXTRA DAY.

Now we have 20” front fenders carbon or glass. Nice plug now to prep for 2 piece mold/tool.

Alot of shiny work to only use one time. Still haf to wet-sand and polish:

Saturday: started the rewarding task a few days of wet sanding. 1000,1200,1800, this is a easy process & enjoyable. Buff with wizard next week and get another bottle of swirl remover. Nerves of a whore in church.

———————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 12/06/2017 : 22:12:36
Travis sprayed two plugs tonight with clear duratec.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/27/2017 : 22:32:28
Duratec on youtube: when u have a mold you have a mold. Make as many part’s as you want.

I put duratec on the plug thick then sand and fill, sometimes twice.

I can spray final coats with harbor freight $14.99 gun smooth. The trick is for final spray coats are. Buy duratec thinner and duratec hi-gloss additive. Strain your batch add hardner and spray. Then wet sand plug hours with light paper. I have sand paper cloth backed up to 12 thousand. 1800 can get ya into the buffing area. Duratec buffs to 80%.

Use only “ tr mold “ release wax. Ebay.

I use only Wizards polishing compounds.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/22/2017 : 10:24:42
Working on oven inside now. I can set inside and install adhesive. Windscreen acrylics (320 degrees F) and part curing (140 degrees F). Buying both polycarbonate and cell cast acrylic 16th inch to experiment with.

The door with 2 handles is a plug type door, push in/pull out with felt perimeter seal.

[/URL]

My method below except l use female mold: and 16th inch thick products. Do not drap over male mold.

https://youtu.be/VlzfPzQXACY

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/22/2017 : 10:16:57
Built a 23 piece wood flange around cowling plug covered with fg. Grey duratec will go on top.

[/URL]

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/15/2017 : 17:25:35
Now i have it going on in true fashion up front on the macpherson strut and mag wheel. Waiting on new speed sensor cable. Magnet on inside front spoke of mag wheel. Lil polarized red light thing from bafang with two plastic ties mounts great on front strut (right side). USA invented macpherson strut from Chevrolet engineer /dr. Macpherson 1955 or so.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/05/2017 : 19:02:08
Will i ever finish the windows and rear cowling?? Lol. Goes on & on.

Have bubble wrap on it. Velo with be wrapped at king sign company, it will be two tone yellow over black with some graphics.

Finally down to wet sanding grey duratec lightly to ready for clear duratec final coat in spray booth by a pro. Then some polishing and release agents application for mold.

[/URL]

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/04/2017 : 21:54:49
Wow, front saddle really tick, way many layers. Just fell off when i touched it with knife. Tick, really thick.

Custom belly lift saddles for velomobile. That’s beautiful like furniture lol, trim, sand, install felt.
[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/04/2017 : 15:59:43
Just ongoing velomobile lift iam trying to perfect. Jack up a loaded velomobile with your foot and let it back down with other pedal.

Rear saddle turned out great, just add some felt. Finish front saddle tomorrow.

[/URL]

Older style lift (older photo), l keep mod’ing it,, ready for more mods over next couple weeks. Lay under velo with pad and pillow and adjust 6 tie-rods for hour and other stuff: my 4 wheeler up in the air, it has took me away from 3 wheelers. Best money l have spent in years (the quattrovelo rear-end) to learn about what ls handed down from the euro leaders.

FOLDS UP TO THE WALL 20” X 50”.
[/URL]

Put in hot water heater today for dad,wwll vet of philippine islands. Now abc store for cherry vodka (kay) and some jackblack.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/03/2017 : 19:13:10
2 saddles made today for my velomobiel lift.

Much fg,cf,soric honeycomb, glass mat, polyester.

[/URL]

Below you see soric honeycomb. White does not accept resin, the clear honeycomb shape does. Under ten dollars per yard, great around shop

[/URL]

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 11/02/2017 : 22:41:09
You're in the home stretch. Keep after it!
carolina Posted - 11/01/2017 : 18:12:15
Amature body bondo builder like me can draw sections and buy a profile guage from ebay for shape. It helps much on the plug being made.

[/URL]

I wanted wide rear cowling, thinkin about L & R under skin carry compartments mounted in rear cowling for light stuff. Worked on this plug forever.

KEEP ROLLING ON GREY DURATEC TO READY FOR SANDING.
[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/20/2017 : 22:24:03
Rubber perimeter molding around longerons areas came in, l love it!

Aircraftspruce.com

[/URL]

My friend ray and l have paid some learning curve BAFANG dues for many months. Its paid off now, i turn the wrenches and order stuff and ray does all the wires and laptop work. I sent to vegas to have soft-start firmware installed @ lectric-cycles/the erad people.

I tried to talk customer out of a bafang, glad i lost because l like the bafang alot and have learned much. The bafang is a rewarding option. It has its uses and will be needed over next 30 years of infrastructure in usa of bikeways for the masses.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/11/2017 : 11:38:22
Still on rear plug (the rear cowling over rear tire behind bulkhead), big project for two piece mold. Worked on belly of plug forever.

1) bondo
2) 2 kinds of duratec
3) wood structure inside
4) fg , soric, and epoxy filler
5) used 2 pieces of an old rear cowling to make new plug
6) plug=2 part mold=carbon part.

Have some good tools and techniques out in the driveway now and tomorrow some great weather coming for 8 or more days.

[/URL]
----------------

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/05/2017 : 22:22:14
Intermission:

https://youtu.be/ETkzK9pXMio

------------

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/05/2017 : 20:12:18
Also had to correct part of the unibody mold at rear: grey area just needs wet sanding.

[/URL]

________

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/05/2017 : 20:08:52
Forever on the rear cowling plug,, at least l have the belly of it finish. Its been a huge chore.

PLUG = MOLD = PART

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/27/2017 : 16:31:26
Thanks Grant! Now I'll come over there and hassle ya:)

velosRus.com
Grant-53 Posted - 09/27/2017 : 16:18:23
I started a thread under Electric Velomobiles as requested. I don't sit up nights thinking of ways to be hard to get along with...it's just a gift. Sorry we couldn't make a trip to NC, the old van protested too much.
carolina Posted - 09/27/2017 : 12:33:31
Grant, erase your post off my thread. If you want to talk about your politics start another thread.

I work to keep this thread up for people who want to watch a build. Start your own thread, i will be glad to come there.

velosRus.com
Grant-53 Posted - 09/27/2017 : 10:21:49
Removed per request
purplepeopledesign Posted - 09/27/2017 : 01:29:10
Removed because quoted post also removed.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000