www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 General Topics
 RIP Ralph Koser

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warren Posted - 11/02/2017 : 09:03:41
John writes:
"In case you haven't heard Ralph Koser passed away Friday, October 20,2017. His death was the result being hit by an SUV while out riding one of his creations. I have no more information about the accident than what I've written. Ralph was a great friend and an inspiration for many. He will be missed.
Regards.
John"

This makes me very sad. Ralph was extremely influential to me personally. His tiny FWD streamliners were fast and well built. He was one of the "fast guys" in 1995 when I started racing. Ralph had performed auto-body work as a profession, so his fairings were always well finished.

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/eliasohn/koser/

Warren
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alevand Posted - 11/11/2017 : 19:21:03

C:
Tony Levand
Grant-53 Posted - 11/11/2017 : 10:51:17
Our hearts and sympathies go out to the family and friends of Ralph Koser. (Two good friends of mine have died suddenly in the last six months.) Though I only know of him by reputation we appreciate his skill and integrity. We can weep with those who weep, comfort those who mourn, seek justice tempered with compassion, and when stories are told recount the deeds of good men.
delcrossv Posted - 11/07/2017 : 10:43:47
My condolences to Ralph's family. I agree with Garrie- probably an idiot texter. :(
carolina Posted - 11/03/2017 : 09:08:16
Didn’t know ralph, sorry for the loss. In 1945 when they started the infrastructure of interstate highways they should have included massive for bike ways in America along with it. Everyone would have been use to it like europe and the nation & people would be alot better off.

I love how ralph’s white velo is snub nose and tail too. I did that at rear but my nose is not like his. May re-do front some day like the waw (re-movable) and ralph’s fat snub nose.

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 11/02/2017 : 22:39:04
Excellent point, Garrie! That velo is very brightly colored and not low to the ground.
Garrie L Hill Posted - 11/02/2017 : 20:27:27
Yes. I saw that shortly after Warren posted. I find it unfortunate that the text reads that Ralph was hit from behind and killed by an SUV. No, the goddamn DRIVER killed Ralph! Dollars to donuts the driver was on the phone or texting .

Garrie "carbon based lifeform" Hill
HPRA Co-Dictator of the East
for pics of some of my time and money sucking projects
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/cfbb/
and videos
http://vimeo.com/5513519

Jerry Posted - 11/02/2017 : 16:55:50
i did not know Ralph in person, but I really enjoyed looking and reading about all his builds. RIP brother.
warren Posted - 11/02/2017 : 13:27:21
I just spoke to Bob at the Hales Corners Wheel and Spocket. He said that Ralph was riding his faired Delta trike when he was hit from behind.

Apparently he didn't wear a helmet when riding this trike and the force of the impact caused a brain bleed.

His family is looking for a museum or other appropriate place for his unique vehicles.

Warren
Joel DIckman Posted - 11/02/2017 : 13:19:45
Very depressing.

I fondly remember Ralph and his flying bathtub bike. He was like Tyger Johnson - an older guy, of small stature - who could kick the asses of much younger and physically more impressive riders. What a waste, to have him get picked off by somebody in an SUV.

What happened to Ralph could happen to any of us. I do more of my riding on bike paths and less on the streets because of this. I am sure that most of us know other cyclists who have been hit like Ralph.

There are about three million people in the United States today who make their living as professional drivers: truckers, bus drivers, cabbies, Uber & Lyft drivers, etc. Driverless car technology is going to cause a fecal tsunami over the next ten or twenty years, throwing these people out of jobs. Many Uber drivers have been already been displaced from other jobs.

At least it should also result in fewer people dying like Ralph.

He will be missed.

Safe riding,
Joel Dickman
http://lightningriders.com

These three prevent most accidents: seeing, being seen, & (usually) common sense.
tom porter Posted - 11/02/2017 : 11:22:23
Very disheartening news. I last spoke to him in late summer. Very healthy man for his age. Rode virtually every day and a font of knowledge he'd pass on to anyone. The streets and traffic of Milwaukee are extremely dangerous. I haven't ridden in Milwaukee in years and driving is even more dangerous.

O---o
Speedbiker Posted - 11/02/2017 : 11:17:30
Wow, that's tragic. Ralph was a good friend, keen competitor, and a real innovator. He built a bike that you pedaled backwards, just to see how it worked. What a guy!

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000