www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Velomobiles!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Terry Posted - 11/02/2017 : 12:52:10
New poster here. I have been playing around with home made Velos for a few years.
I have had much help from members like ricmantoo and more recently Garrie Hill.
My interest is wood composite .the first Velo designed mostly by Rick turned out pretty well and I am now attempting to copy a WAW.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146970675@N08/shares/tf8K02
I usually have lots of questions about Velo construction and bike stuff? but I do have a pretty good background in wood composite projects,so I like to help out interested parties where I can. Computer workings is definately NOT my strong suit! I hope these links to pics work , I am still trying figure all this out!!!
I have resisted posting before to this section as it seemed to be going in odd directions with old odd stuff!? For awhile I thought there was a hint of satire? Anyway, if a section is supposed to to be about velomobiles then I better add my 2 cents!
Terry

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 03/31/2018 : 10:08:28
This might have been posted twice, it popped up on youtube now.

https://youtu.be/POymJS6_e6I

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 03/16/2018 : 08:42:51
Think about the sliding bb from theo. Velomobiel.nl

Concentration is on floor of velo as seen with Daniel.

Strength from rear wheel well, chain canal (the main spar of a velo), bridge between front wheel wells. Your rear bulkhead, like mine gives super strength.

You can make the lateral rear chain wheel housing.

Did you have any weak areas on chain route on last velo, this one will be stronger. I don’t have any weak areas yet.

———————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 03/09/2018 : 11:37:00
That will work, I would do north and south footprint wider and use the front face of the bridge too. Figure floor flexing like waw did. Front base plate and leading edge of bridge makes a box. You can gusset it too. Top plate by knees wide.

Cf over wood, aluminum bb embedded,(or use Quest sliding bb over a 40mm sq tube)..

You will bolt it in??

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/09/2018 : 10:48:25
Another boom . This better deals with the forces!
Sorry, I can't figure out the photo posting but they might show on my flicker ?
T
carolina Posted - 03/07/2018 : 17:56:08
Yea, 40 mm aluminum or cf. I would go with sq & buy a quest bb. Side it forward or backwards on the 40mm boom. Call theo, he will mail it that day or next. You have aluminum welder guy local.

Ive tacked tubes together with hot glue and let joe alum weld it. Yea

Waw and hilgo pics and large top & bottom footprint.

The bridge is a rock in mine and your too, permanently mounted. Glued in, it’s a wood box.

Stay on front leading edge of bridge and floor.

Wide footprint at top , it want go anywhere.

Study new waw (pics) bridge,, new waw location is way stronger than it use to be on older models.

If ya haf to make a stronger bridge, no problem.

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/07/2018 : 16:17:03
Mike,
There are some images of the Hilgo that look possible.
I will mock up an idea or two! I might have to go with some aluminum?
T
carolina Posted - 03/07/2018 : 13:25:16
Better zoom in terry! Hilgo velo google images and youtube.

Keep the tensioner idea too.

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/07/2018 : 11:12:10
Thanks for that Mike, The problem might be that I'm trying to blend the WAW with the df.
Might have to go with side stick ??
I'll keep messing around for awhile till it's not fun!!
T
Terry Posted - 03/07/2018 : 11:01:51
Jerry, Thanks for adding the link.
SB, I get it. Presently the design is poor. I'm here looking for ideas to improve it! Maybe that is not possible?
I can't see a way to get a longer lever back to the seat and still use tiller steering?
I could tie it into the front of the bridge like the mockup but is that enough ?
T

carolina Posted - 03/07/2018 : 10:18:32
Yea, Terry that worked.

Your getting close, maybe run tube back over bridge like waw because tiller dose not need to go Left or Right. That would be bigger footprint & you can have bigger footprint at top too.

Here’s the photo/zoom in.

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 03/07/2018 : 08:09:36
Yeah, I told you a straight up and down boom mount wouldn't work. It doesn't address any of the major loads. Even if you double up the carbon it will still be a poor design.
Jerry Posted - 03/06/2018 : 21:09:10
How about this! https://www.flickr.com/photos/146970675@N08/
carolina Posted - 03/05/2018 : 17:41:21
Terry , i still can’t get it to work. I got arrows punched up but but still two pics. Have looked at flicker pics for years dont inow what iam doing wrong.

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/05/2018 : 17:26:24
Tom, yes those are the ones.
T
Tom Schneider Posted - 03/05/2018 : 15:17:30
I can view 39 pics in Photostream in Flickr, are these the pics? I am using Chrome.

Tom
carolina Posted - 03/05/2018 : 11:52:56
Yours has no arrows. Most do! I can’t work it. Photobucket is kindergarten!

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/05/2018 : 09:36:19
hmmm, the Flickr pics are public.
Is there an arrow in the top left corner? Press that to get to the other pics.?
Other than that ,,, I have no idea!
I don't want yet another photo site that I don't know how to use
Email?
carolina Posted - 03/05/2018 : 07:28:44
quote:
Originally posted by Terry

Sorry, no..
Does that link not work?
T

No,

Most flickers are open, member would haf to join yahoo.

U sent 2 old pics of your velos.
Can you send boom / bridge photos?
You might wanta use photobucket then you can add what pic you want each time or remove them.

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/04/2018 : 23:53:38
Sorry, no..
Does that link not work?
T
carolina Posted - 03/04/2018 : 17:14:16
Terry, do u have another way to put pics up?

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/04/2018 : 15:18:26
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146970675@N08/shares/tf8K02

I've made a bridge to fit between the wheel wells as well, contain the steering rods and the tiller steering bearing. Next plan is to run a brace from the bridge to near the cranks!
Anyone think this will work or a waste of time?. I am trying to avoid having to tie the end of the boom to the nose cone?
T
Terry Posted - 03/01/2018 : 23:56:04
I have tank steer in my first Velo . I just want to try tiller in the wood WAW .
If it is too difficult I can always default to the newer WAW set up like the picture you posted.
T
carolina Posted - 03/01/2018 : 12:50:08
Thats a good idea about fasteners in nose cone. Never rode true tank steer like waw. Had a catrike years ago. I like tiller. Can’t you switch to waw tank hardware?

There is a youtube of it on davids channel. The waw is simple to adjust, has access holes for the tool.
——————

velosRus.com
Terry Posted - 03/01/2018 : 11:48:43
Yes, I thought I would get more support with the upper attachment but I think I need to tie the boom at the front of the bridge and the outer end to the front of the nose cone.
I think this is doable even with the removable nose cone? It will mean a few more screws to get at the cranks for service. I have several prototypes in mind, so I will keep playing !!
This dilemma is my fault for trying to go with centre tiller steering!
carolina Posted - 03/01/2018 : 08:09:14
Oh well, your back at the drawing board. Cantilevered booms are a headache to make strong, unlike the df quest style.

velosRus.com

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000