www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Technical / Bike Building
 i want to build a low racer short.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 07/05/2016 : 19:34:06
I have got to build a lowracer. My favorite is john tetz . Dad is 90 and gets around great but l gotta get him riding. He plays golf 2 or three days a week.

I will make of carbon fiber. I make and sell square cf tubes on ebay. I will have a new style boom, @ rear will be 26" & 20" up front.

l like john's more uprite and shorter angles:

[/URL]

Will look like this from seat backwards but with no frame. It will be hardtail unibody with no frame. l will use cf 12K twill, innegra, nomex honeycomb. l will use my velomobile mold to make rear, this unibody 2 wheeler will weigh less being all carbon. Enclosed chain canal under seat all the way back to rear derailleur. Enclosed wheels front and rear. Sturmey Archer drum hubs front & rear.

[/URL]

Will have chain canal, runs whole length out to rear bulkhead. Help keep stuff clean.

Carbon fiber square tubes up front will be glued with hysol aircraft adhesive: Also will need uv clear cote over carbon. Or a color. l have seat mold and iam making a new seat (plug) with lil' more height for neck & head.

[/URL]

Maybe a pinion: below 18 speed, maybe to heavy up there.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 08/08/2018 : 19:35:04
Yea, saw that. I like what l bought to see if it welcome here:) with my 18 sp pinion. No electricity on this one, guess thrumb throttle w/rear hub motor would nice.

velosRus.com
Ivo.M Posted - 08/08/2018 : 12:15:11
Kervelo are just running their first batch of their own 12sp gearbox, either as a direct drive front hub or as a "regular" gearbox. At Spezi they claimed it would be half the weight and half the price of the respective 12sp Pinion C- series counterpart. And electrified, if you are so inclined.

http://www.kervelo.com/
carolina Posted - 08/08/2018 : 09:31:49
Coverting this (lowracer above post) to chainless would be fun. Using the kervelo front with 18 speed pinion gearbox. You could change it back to either bike, just need extra piece of that aluminum tube for head tube.

Just head tube circled in red.

You veterans remember this old lowracer: copy it using the new kervelo front hub, mike states it痴 hard to ride..

Lowracer amateurs like me, this might be a way out.
覧覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 03/21/2018 : 15:53:34
I just look at it. My john tetz special copy.

Ya want like this but ordered a 350watt bafang from erad in Las Vegas. Thumb throttle. Fits in sliding velo bb in photo above.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 03/05/2018 : 10:28:18
Front fender complete with duratec primer for now. See how fender does after riding.

覧覧覧

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 02/28/2018 : 18:41:51
Some finished photos:

Relocated frt chain wheel:

Vintage SRAM 9 speed twist grip from ebay/original equipment.

carolina Posted - 02/28/2018 : 18:36:26
On the Harbor freight mill, updated the rear drop out today: and used a different rear derailleur.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 02/27/2018 : 23:37:53
https://youtu.be/DWvduEThXY4

THIS IS A VELOMOBIEL MOLD PARTS BUILD OF CARBON ONGOING!

MY BLADDER SQUARE MOLDS MAKE TUBE WITH PIERCAN INTERNATIONAL, mclube.com & split molds bolted together w/oil-less vaccum to draw out bladder after 24 hours.

Under front seat, other chain wheel in rear wheel well.

New rear seat hardware incredible, from df, call em up and order u some.

Relocated chain wheel from europe, & plastic quest chain tube experimental.

Front seat hardware is copy of older style Quest even though i made. I love the netherlands attitude life and acceptance of me.
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 02/19/2018 : 17:41:48
Different rear seat mount:

覧覧-
velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 02/19/2018 : 06:21:23
A lower boom soon closer to front fender, front fender will be carbon later. Have new rear aluminum seat mount hardware from df velomobiel.

Great to have the front fender mold complete.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 02/14/2018 : 21:06:20
Kirk gave me this stand, i made it wider. Will put lowracer boom back on in front lil lower. This will help hold it upright on table.

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 01/07/2018 : 10:11:26
Finally after months of casual work on 20 full fender well mold i am prepping. Will use these molds to complete my rear components that make my unibody a 4 wheeler (rear wheel wells).

Black epoxy tooling gelcoat and carbon and soric over tooling gel. I always keep learning tips and tricks for plugs and molds.

Before frekote l buffed split mold with wizard compounds and my flex german made hand buffer. Dont be home without it.

LETS NOT FORGET DURATEC PRODUCTS/YOUTUBE , compositeenvisions.com, and rev-chem in Southern California.

U see the yellow can of frekote product.
1) frekote cleaner gallon size
2) frekote sealer 4 coats
3) frekote release 4 coats
4) 7 coats of the great TR mold release wax (ebay) over frekote.

Brevity and misspelling rampant (new eye lens couple weeks ago)
覧覧覧覧覧

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 01/01/2018 : 09:31:55
Front fender full wheel wells /20. Will be on ebay/ free shipping.

My channel:

https://youtu.be/uTUOvqzx0O4
carolina Posted - 12/31/2017 : 15:52:51
Left side of split fender mold is complete and curing. Black epoxy tooling gelcoat and carbon fiber twill 11oz. Used compositeenvisions.com medium cure speed epoxy run through michaelenginneering.com pump.

Pop off fence tomorrow night and clean & wax that side ready for a finished 2 part mold.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 12/24/2017 : 20:34:18
Photobucket is down:

Worked much more on the fence for two part mold of the front fender plug. Takes me so long, about 8 hours to finish & fix that fence. Now i will wax the plug 7 times with TR, reset fence and make the first side of the mold which is easy.

I learned alot from this video and buy from these UK people.

http://youtu.be/keBwRhkfuOQ

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
Did switch to lauan wood ($7.48 Home Depot) on larger velomobile rear cowling plug to make the plug 吐ence instead of using polycarbonate.The youtube above technique and the lauan wood made it easy. Nice to have these two plugs ready to make the split molds/tools from them.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 12/08/2017 : 11:00:15
Ya might have use for one someday. Iam putting one on my 2 wheel lowracer and re-direct the boom. I can put em on ebay too.

Thanks!

velosRus.com
warren Posted - 12/08/2017 : 08:33:49
That's cool.
carolina Posted - 12/07/2017 : 19:35:06
Front fender plug, alot of work to only use one time to make the 2 piece mold.

20 fenders /carbon or fiberglass.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 11/09/2017 : 19:50:18
Gonna re-doo boom /bb lower when l get time.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 10/01/2017 : 10:30:46
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Have you been able to ride your low racer yet or did you decide to abandon it?

Youtube of its first ride few post up! Still want to do the half circle boom like robs.

Here tiz again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAnZChZLH0

Speedb calls me a natural.
------------------

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 09/29/2017 : 10:39:15
And what's with the sexy robot? Another project you're working on?
warren Posted - 09/29/2017 : 08:00:05
Have you been able to ride your low racer yet or did you decide to abandon it?
carolina Posted - 09/16/2017 : 12:22:40
Gonna attempt a cf frame in my jig . Fb cargo bike. Gonna just stick with my cf velomobiel unibodies. Love making em. Fatbike is not a headache, can't find 2 wheeler recumbent I like.

Working on my motor home:

[/URL]

Try to buy this in January:

[/URL]

velosRus.com
Speedbiker Posted - 09/16/2017 : 08:26:09
They bash your neck if you fall that way.

I race fatbikes in winter. Very fun.
Speedbiker Posted - 09/15/2017 : 05:01:08
That's weird. Anyway, I hope you didn't build that over the shoulder frame tube. They are quite dangerous in a crash.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000