www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 ASME HPV Racing
 Invitation to Spring/Summer races

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Upright Mike Posted - 03/30/2013 : 07:43:01
All ASME teams are welcomed to continue their race seasons after the ASME competions at the following events in the spring and summer 2013.

For teams that want to go fast in a streamliner, I'd recommend the Kentucky Motor Speedway 10-mile time trial on Sunday May 5 (one week after the East Coast competition). This time trial will have riders do 7 laps of a NASCAR speedway that is a flat and fast big 1.5 mile oval. Camping is allowed. The Colavita-Zzip time trial organization is one of the best in the midwest with professional timing, start ramps, finish line TV screens, etc. Several hundred regular bicyclists will be there too racing.

For teams that want to do more road-course training, I'd recommend the Waterford Michigan event on Sat/Sun May 18-19. (three weeks after the East Coast competition). This is a 1.4 mile road course with 9 turns and challenging fun events including a Top Speed event, Hill Climb, One-Hour time trial and other Road Race events. Rider switchoffs are allowed - a good opportunity if you want to get extra practice time with team members. Two ASME champion teams (Rose-Hulman and University of Toronto) have attended these events in the past. Camping is allowed. Free showers available onsite.

If you want another chance to ride on the Velodrome (I know the West Coast will be at the Heyler velodrome), the July 13-14 Northbrook/Kenosha weekend is the most hotly contested recumbent event in the US with up to 40 recumbent racers and streamliners attending on average. It takes place on TWO velodromes Saturday at Northbrook, Illinois (382 meters outdoors), and Sunday just up the road in Kenosha, Wisconsin (333 meter outdoors). Flying start 200-meter sprints, 50-lap road races and standing start Kilometer events are part of the race schedule.

These "racing events" are open to the public, that have participation from other streamliners and recumbents. They are put on by organizations that love to see people do well and go fast. Entrance fees are modest, and at the two sights above you can camp out at the location.

More info and events...
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/calendar.asp
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
speedshaper Posted - 05/18/2013 : 14:16:23
To all West Coast Teams: You're invited to the annual HPV Fun Day at the Hellyer Park Velodrome Saturday afternoon June 1st. More information at www.hpvfunday.com

Carole Leone
Moorhead17 Posted - 04/10/2013 : 17:14:22
Thanks, Mike!
Larry Lem Posted - 04/03/2013 : 12:20:48
There will be HPV races open to the general public at the Hellyer Park velodrome on June 1. Cal Poly SLO has attended in the past with their streamliners.

This is also listed in the calender that Mike posted.

Larry Lem

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000