www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Velomobile in the media in New Joizey😜

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gman Posted - 09/17/2015 : 18:59:21
I was sponsored by Jamis Bicycles to lead out the Gran Fondo here in Jersey this past Sunday. I had a meeting with the owner and CEO of Jamis bicycles as well as trek bicycles.
If you google "2015 Gran Fondo NJ" you will find some pictures of me at the "Mass Start" of the event. On YouTube under the same title there is video if me rolling out of the start with the pro team from Jamis which I was given a VIP pass to ride the 107 mile ride with!
They of course dropped me almost right away be cause I couldn't possibly keep up with them on the climbs of which there were many and I told them by no means to wait up me! I got a lot of the typical rude comments like "Is there a coffee machine in there?" Etc but for the most part everyone was impressed, especially after I blew by the entire crowd that started together with me on the first huge descent at 64.3 mph! Then the comments were all about how f-Ing fast that "Thing" is!
When the ride was over I spent three hours drinking beer and answering questions about the velomobile and recumbents in general. I made sure not to mention B--L as I was ripped off by a VIP there but made a point of recommending this site as well as every other one, especially Easy Racers#128518;#128518;! It was a great ride although a bit grueling inside the velo as the temps were in the mid 80's and I rode to and from the start which made for a total of 131 miles for the day with over 5k of climbing. Coming up I am being sponsored again by the event organizer and sponsor of the "Bergen Bike Tour" on October 4, 2015 and will be doing a much shorter ride but in exchange for the entry fee and other perks they will be advertising on my velo. Should be lots of media there as well

Former pro athlete, two time Olympic team member, 9 years on pro circuit, 6 times crossing USA by bicycle. Bent since 89

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000