www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Human Powered Boats (HPBs)
 Amphibious Quadyak Rebuild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
triyak Posted - 10/01/2017 : 15:49:17
In the spring of 2016, the frame to my original Triyak/Quadyak got destroyed in a shop fire. Luckily the boat wasn't in the shop. I started sourcing parts and getting ready to rebuild, but it has taken nearly 1 1/2 years for that to happen. We are now just about done with the re-build. (We being me and my Dad, who is a retired engineer)

We have made some modifications this time around. The biggest two are we built with aluminum, not steel and we incorporated a way to lift the front axle which should give me a much better angle of the paddles when in water.

I have started a youtube playlist for this craft which will detail it's original build, my two long rides (350-400 mi), other points of interest and the rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmQEZYyRcRg&list=PLwZ1Hk_9mCGRG02p95CPDwDHSzptWZ50z

I also have a facebook page for the craft and our adventures as well:
https://www.facebook.com/Quadyak

Follow along if you want.

www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000