Teubner O2 velomobile update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

warren
human power expert

USA
6052 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  18:10:24  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Up there in the Northern reaches of Minnesota, Brad Teubner has been working on his O2 velomobile.

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/Teubner/orangeII.htm

The FWD delta trike configuration allows him to have a huge storage area.

Yes, that's a 5 gallon gas can in the trunk.

-Warren.

Edited by - warren on 04/09/2010 16:19:44

teubner
recumbent guru

796 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  17:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Orange II velomobile for sale. Build details at http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/Teubner/orangeII.htm
I decided to build a really good vehicle for self-supported touring. I just finished a 5-day 350 mile self-supported tour and decided that I donít care for touring. The bike was excellent, but my body wore out and my attitude was bad. Rode for 2 hours in the rain one day, and none of the cargo got wet. Ran 17 mph into a headwind for the last 5 miles to home at the end of a 91 mile day. This trike works well. Fly into GFK, stay in our guest room, ride it for a few days to decide if you really want it, and I will either haul you back to GFK, or you can ride it home. Or drive up and get it; 56751. It will fit in a minivan with the back seats out. Price is $3000 if you want to negotiate, $1500 if you donít. teubner at wiktel dot com 218-463-4549 days, 1007 evenings/weekends.
Go to Top of Page

25hz
human power supergeek

Canada
1223 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  04:43:29  Show Profile  Visit 25hz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's pretty much a steal at $1500 for a trike and all the fairing work that has gone into it, IMO. That would be a great trike if someoen wanted to race it in the HPRA series. It looks like it would be extremely simple to build a tilting rear end for it too, if they wanted. I'd be surprised if it isn'e snapped up quick. Good luck on the sale.
Go to Top of Page

teubner
recumbent guru

796 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  09:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of an update since I don't follow these forums any more (except for a couple weeks before BM to be sure it is still on). Didn't sell the trike, and glad I didn't

Have been riding this trike almost exclusively, retired now and in Florida for the winter, and rolled the odometer over 7000 miles last week. Not high miles for an 8 year old bike, but lots for me.

Present version is as first design, except now only a small tailbox (so I can more easily transport it).

Original chains, sprockets, and disc brake pads still work well.
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3707 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  12:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A great design stands the test of time. Nice to hear you are enjoying your trike.
Go to Top of Page

Grant-53
recumbent guru

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  13:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simply elegant.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: