Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chi6er
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  18:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi;

I am new to e-bike, but Warren, Sean Costin, and Garrie Hill, I remember you guys from the days of WisIL and HPRA. Is Len B. or Rick Winecki around here too? Those days of WisIL were the best time for me. When I see Ed Gin, I'll tried to get him interested too. If Terry Lee has his Xmas party maybe I'll see you.
Like I said, I am new, I have a clean republic e-bike, running on 36v instead of 24v..but using SLA. Would like to use LiPo, but so far it scaring me away, need to get more familar with it. Currently bulding a 2nd e-bike, front drive with twin 20's, using a motor from e-bikekit out of New Jersey.
Well, I'll dropping by here more often, usually hang out at endless sphere. later...... Jerry Lee

warren
human power expert

USA
6050 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  16:54:08  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jerry Lee,

Welcome to the world of e-bikes. I hang out at Endless-sphere too.

Rick W. is still around but Len has dropped off the face of the earth.

I thought you were doing RC cars for a while? Did you have any issues with LiPo on those?

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

chi6er
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  23:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi warren;

good to hear from you..I was doing the rc car scene last century, hot power then was nicad and the newer one nicad hydroxide. There was no Lipo back then. As soon as I learned more of LiPo, I will tried making a Lipo pack for my ebike. Will probably see you somewhere soon. Jerry
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6050 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  19:24:24  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good info here about building a LiPo battery pack: http://recumbents.com/wisil/e-bent/rc_drive/tutorial.htm

I have been using mine all summer and they have been working without issues. I think the key is to stay away from the low C rate LiPo, never over / under charge them, and to keep them someplace fireproof, just in case...

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

arohi
Starting Member

Andorra
1 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  00:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen a number of electric powered trailers or plans for them. Two issues come to mind. First is the legality of the unit since it may not be adressed in state DMV regulations. The general impression is that if you do not exceed 20 mph no one will stop you. Second is to make sure the hitch will not jack knife on you. I would like to see a powered trailer that is designed to carry cargo.

AROHI
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000