www.recumbents.com - Cruzbikes are they for real fast?
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 HPV Racing
 Cruzbikes are they for real fast?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

alevand
human power expert

USA
3901 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  05:43:32  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the top straight out position, but with hands above the and inside the knees. Its narrow and you can pull back like Sam Whittingham in the Varna. Not the best for long events, though but you do develop a strong grip.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2543 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  07:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks must have long torsos and short arms because I'm very layed back and there's no way I could keep my arm straight, between my knees, and not interfere with my legs as they're pedalling. Or I'm knock-kneed and others are bow-legged.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

tim_turner
recumbent enthusiast

USA
233 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  07:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Lem

Folks must have long torsos and short arms because I'm very layed back and there's no way I could keep my arm straight, between my knees, and not interfere with my legs as they're pedalling. Or I'm knock-kneed and others are bow-legged.

Larry Lem

You could be right. I'm definitely in the same boat you are. I can't even get one hand in there.
Seems like if you could, you'd have a much larger frontal area. I guess if you already have the space, you might as well fill it.
Still skeptical it'd be more efficient to create the space and then fill it.
Go to Top of Page

Adam C
recumbent enthusiast

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  10:29:42  Show Profile  Visit Adam C's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Larry Lem

I guess some racers have T-Rex arms?
Go to Top of Page

Upright Mike
human power expert

USA
3876 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  10:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adam C

[/quote]
Now THAT would have the only evolutionary hold-over that would have been nice for streamliner riding mammals to acquire, As it is most homo sapiens choose to ride a 130 year old upright bicycle design. T-rex arms would be good for fitting in a streamliner.
Go to Top of Page

randy
recumbent guru

729 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  12:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Folks must have long torsos and short arms

You rang?
Go to Top of Page

Adam C
recumbent enthusiast

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  12:50:04  Show Profile  Visit Adam C's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Upright Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Adam C

Now THAT would have the only evolutionary hold-over that would have been nice for streamliner riding mammals to acquire, As it is most homo sapiens choose to ride a 130 year old upright bicycle design. T-rex arms would be good for fitting in a streamliner.

The closest modern mammalian equivalent?

Edited by - Adam C on 02/16/2012 12:50:26
Go to Top of Page

tim_turner
recumbent enthusiast

USA
233 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  13:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, kinda looks like you could slide a TT bike under either of them :0)

T
Go to Top of Page

randy
recumbent guru

729 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  16:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/img
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2373 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  16:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since we are posting photos that do not relate to a Cruzbike Vendetta i will post one that does. Its my old dual 650c highracer which now reside in landfill along with a string of defective lights.

The high seat placement, ultra high bottom bracket and extremely wide U-bars made for a huge front rider profile on the Carbent. The bigger the profile the slower the overall speed and increased drag. The Vendetta in front profile view compared to the Carbent was much lower and more laid back. A season of riding a red stilt bike with my feet spinning high up in the sky was enough for one lifetime.

Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3901 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  17:28:33  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whens your garbage day id like to pick through it.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer
recumbent guru

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  19:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And some of us never learn. After about 6 years of riding my 700C high racer about all I've learned is that with my short legs a 650C may have been a better choice. Damn if it ain't a fun bike to ride, but then I don't race. <G>

Don
Go to Top of Page

Public Enemy
recumbent enthusiast

131 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  22:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AA

Thom,
If you can promise me that my I will not be shot, stabbed or blown up by a car bomb I will be there. My understanding is 2 people from MI want to assassinate me for my attempts to discuss bike mods in public. At present, it may not be safe for me to travel east of the big lake without bodyguards or guarantee of safe travel to and from.

quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Well, Alan, bring either it or your NoCom to my Ohio Recumbent Challenge in August. As one of the fastest 40k recumbent time trialists, I hope you'll be there.

Hey AA,

I will be your body guard!
Could I suggest using some of that land fill carbon for some home made body armor?

Anyway, that fr wheel drive bike ya got looks awesome!

Public enemy

Edited by - Public Enemy on 02/16/2012 22:16:29
Go to Top of Page

Public Enemy
recumbent enthusiast

131 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  22:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey AA,

Anything to those Cruzebike claims of superior recumbent climbing?
If such claims are true looks to me like a no-brainer 'bent thats fer sure...

Public Enemy
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3901 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  06:24:49  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3835 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  08:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Works great inside a liner. Notice the illfated fresh air tube.
Go to Top of Page

Adam C
recumbent enthusiast

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  10:18:34  Show Profile  Visit Adam C's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just curious has anyone designed and built a fairing for a Vendetta? That would be an interesting topic.

Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3835 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  11:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, mbb inovator Thom Traylor. Google him. Not easy to do with your feet swinging from side to side.
Go to Top of Page

Adam C
recumbent enthusiast

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  12:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Adam C's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, mbb inovator Thom Traylor. Google him. Not easy to do with your feet swinging from side to side.

I looked for "Tom Traylor" and "Cruzbike fairing" on the Internet. I didn't find anything.

Edited by - Adam C on 02/17/2012 12:40:59
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3835 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  13:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Google listing: http://mysite.verizon.net/ts72/
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3901 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  16:04:24  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom Traylor's fairing bends in the middle, the front half is attached to the forks.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3835 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  06:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maria Parker was the first woman to take the overall, nondrafting 24 hour win at Sebring. Along the way beating Tim Woudenburg on a NoCom and setting the women's record. Which pretty much settles the debate about the Cruzbike Vendetta being for real.
I had also heard that JVC Coaching was not good for ultra events. JVC athletes won both the draft and nondraft catagories.
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3901 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  10:32:56  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll see how long it takes before it winds up as next season's scrap metal...

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3835 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  11:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mean Alan's or Maria's? Alan's, maybe. I could see Maria going to carbon.
Go to Top of Page

Public Enemy
recumbent enthusiast

131 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  02:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you mean Alan's or Maria's? Alan's, maybe. I could see Maria going to carbon.

You seem to be the cruz bike cheerleader.

However I do plan on looking at your company for a bike.

I like the front wheel drive system that your bike has and of course the frames aerodynamics.

I invented distance riding and recumbents way back in 2001 with that incredable Rich Pinto Aero Cycle.

I have no problem with inovation. It looks to me that there is something going on with the cruz bike front wheel drive system.
I just don't know enough about it to make an intelligent decesion about this platform.

I am looking to return to Monkey Island. Could the Cruz bike allow me to do so? I have some ideas about that but who knows that for sure...

Public Enemy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000