Mid-Drive for Easy Racer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MotoMel
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  19:16:34  Show Profile  Visit MotoMel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a lwb easyracer whose immense chain just begs for a mid-drive. Is there a "best" choice for one of these?

warren
human power expert

USA
6119 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:25:32  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The cyclone mid-drive may be a good choice. I'd recommend the 900 watt one over the 500 watt one as the 500 watt one is good for about 20MPH max.

http://www.cyclone-tw.com

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

OldWarHorse
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  13:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MotoMel

I have a lwb easyracer whose immense chain just begs for a mid-drive. Is there a "best" choice for one of these?

my e-bike uses an eRad (re-badged Bafang) and the 1000 W motor is so nice and smooth--really good unit. I think you have space on the easy racer. I want to do the same once I get a recumbent. I'm looking at the Rans Stratus for best way to package batteries in the frame.

OldWarHorse
Tandem, Mountain, Road, eBike, Recumbent interest
Go to Top of Page

Gman

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  03:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have an easy racer tour easy I want to add assist to. My initial thoughts were to take off the bafang 1000 watt that was too powerful for my ICESprint FSX and put it on the tour easy but I don't think it would fit without interfering with the front wheel. I am not positive however as I didn't actually try it. I just put the bikes next to each other and it didn't look like it would work. I'm currently having the new boinx DV500 hub motor kit done on my trike. It's supposedly geared with lots of torque for hill climbing. If I agree when I get a few hundred miles on it I plan to put one on my tour easy. Stay tuned...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000