New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luvmyc6
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  05:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really need your help and advice. I just dropped a TON of money for a new ICE Adventure RS, and one detail I overlooked was how in the heck do I tote this thing around in my car?

I don't own a hatchback, I own a Chevy Cruze which has a miniscule sized trunk. Therefore, I need a trunk mounted carrier. A trailer hitch carrier will not work.

Can anyone PLEASE help me with recommendations for a trunk mounted carrier that will work for the ICE Adventure RS?

I love my new bike, but can't transport it to the nearest Metro Park to test out the trails!

billberry12
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  09:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cheapest way out that will work pretty good. They have them at WalMart. Bell 2-Bike Double-Back Rack

http://www.target.com/p/bell-2-bike-double-back-rack/-/A-10407097?reco=Rec|pdp|10407097|PopularProductsInCategory|dynamic_landing_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|PopularProductsInCategory|dynamic_landing_page.vertical_1
Go to Top of Page

billberry12
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  09:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just noticed it is a trike. Forget my suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

harv
recumbent enthusiast

423 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  09:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing a video on the ICE site where they break down a trike to fit in the parcel area of a smart car. Maybe the QR options for the front wheels and main frame tubes would be a thing to consider if you plan to travel with the trike more than a few times. Need to ask why a trailer hitch rack won't work. Isn't a hitch available for the Cruze? That would let you buy racks that store trikes either vertically or horizontally. (are you leasing the cruze? that would be a problem with mounting a hitch.) You can also buy roof rack mounted carriers that will mount a trike.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6444 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  10:07:18  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Harv noted, this is a folding trike. Can't you just fold it and put it in the trunk?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000