brushless hub mortor question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nerdmobile

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  20:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing alot of brushless hub motors for sale that can be laced up to your own rim. Does anyone have any experioence with these and if so, I have a question regarding the rear hubs I see for sale. Most have 6 sprockets. Are these standard freewheel hubs, and are any made for cassettes. Is the width fairly standard? Thanks, Jeff

jeff garrett

OpusthePoet
recumbent guru

USA
678 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  20:59:25  Show Profile  Visit OpusthePoet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no personal experience with these motors, I have only bought them assembled to a rim. The motors vary considerably from manufacturer to manufacturer and even different models by the same manufacturer. Some are made for 20" (406 mm ISO) wheels and some are made for 559mm ISO and 700c wheels. Ones that have a good reputation are sold by ebikes.ca and other brick and mortar shops. Some are sold on e-bay and the vendor may be here today and gone tomorrow or next week.

As for the multiple sprocket assemblies, most are standard freewheels of the kind that have been available for decades, and there are no hub motors that I know of that can use the cassettes designed for freehubs.

Opus

My gas is up to $0.99 a burrito, $5.99 for premium and I'm only getting 10 miles to the regular burrito. Dang $0.99 burritos are smaller now.
Go to Top of Page

nerdmobile

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  20:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I bought a rear kit for $229 including shipping. It's 48 volt motor which includes everything I need. I was also able to find a 9 speed (11-32t) freewheel to replace the 6 speed it comes with. The motor has a lot of torque and should help me get up most any hill. Can't wait to see how it all comes together, and see what kind of range it will give me.

jeff garrett
Go to Top of Page

chi6er
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  19:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes there is a hub motor with a cassette....Bafang BPM

http://www.greenbikekit.com/index.php/electric-motor/rear-bldc-1/bafang-cst-bldc-motor.html

greenbikekit a chinese company is very good, price are reasonable
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000