Wattwagon electric assist bicycle trailer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richwolf
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  19:19:27  Show Profile  Visit richwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a Kickstarter campaign going for our Wattwagon electric assist bicycle trailer.
The Wattwagon turns your existing bike into electric assist so you can climb those hills and fight those headwinds. Plenty of storage in the wagon too.
Great for commuting, shopping or touring. I just completed a 375 mile tour in two and one half days with the Wattwagon and averaged over 20 MPH without using full power. I had two 48 volt 15 amp hour batteries and easily got 60 to 80 miles of range between charges.
We use quality components and have racked up over 800 miles on our test unit.
Here is the link to our Kickstarter page. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473904641/wattwagon-electric-assist-bicycle-trailer
Wattwagons start at $1095 and we offer various motor and battery configurations.
If you have questions you may reach us at 760-765-1598 or e-mail us at www.julianactive.com

Wattwagon developer

richwolf
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  13:51:09  Show Profile  Visit richwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We will be displaying the Wattwagon at the San Diego Velodrome swapmeet on Sunday November 2nd. We will be in spot 70.

Wattwagon developer
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2524 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  11:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://sdvelodrome.com/swap-meet/

Too bad this is not on Nov 23, the day of the Fiesta Island TT.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

cmdel07
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2015 :  16:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I built the same power trailer for less than $400.00. Bought the trailer on Amazon for $89, the 16" hub motor kit on Ebay for $209 and the batteries on Ebay for $95.00. 750 watt, 36v, 18ah will go 20 mph without pedal assist. Very easy to build, even for a first timer. Although I've owned both the Ridekick and this homemade power trailer, I don't like trailers to much because of the noise and bounciness, but they are cheap to make. I'll be re-configuring mine to fit my recumbent from underneath the frame.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000