Cobb short cranksets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neve_r_est
recumbent enthusiast

270 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  11:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Standard q factor, but it's nice to see a outboard bearing short crank option. http://www.cobbcycling.com/shop/accessories/Crank-Set

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2524 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  13:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, how to communicate poorly:

"**We opted for alloy over carbon due to the net worth of the value per gram in weight savings."

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3754 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  17:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Cobb. Went to his lecture 3 years ago. He seemed quite determined to sound smart, but say NOTHING of value.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2524 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  19:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://store.interlocracing.com/irdexlocrar.html

I bought the 200 mm cranks. I put them on my stationary trainer and rode them for 10 minutes while watching TV the other night. They felt fine! (Phew) Now I'll transfer them to my normal training bike / weekend bike.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

Upright Mike
human power expert

USA
3803 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  20:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From short to long, these are great finds Larry! Now, if you tell me you've managed to go another 0.5 mph faster at your next 20K TT, I will have to run out and buy a pair! I'm still trying to emulate your magic bike!
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
2929 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  09:11:52  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry the Masher.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
2929 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  14:27:55  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How are the 200 mm cranks working for you, Larry?

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2524 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2014 :  13:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The long cranks are still on my stationary trainer. I have not put them on my weekend bike because I keep riding my weekend bike on serious training rides and do not want to spoil that training.

I've ordered a 4iiii power meter and planned on attaching it to a 150 mm arm to get used to using it prior to Battle Mountain, but I don't know what bike to put 150s on, either. I don't want to put them on my weekend bike nor my TT bike. I guess that leaves the commmuter. I see the disadvantage in using a crankarm-based meter. If I need to drop to 140s for streamliner clearance, I'll need to buy another 4iiii meter (and custom arms).

I plan on buying Xpedo Thrust E pedals whenever they come out. However, if they're too expensive, then maybe a single Garmin Vector left pedal. I still hate the Garmin pod design, though.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

Upright Mike
human power expert

USA
3803 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  18:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updated webpage for Cobb cranksets: http://www.cobbcycling.com/product/crankset/
I'm thinking about getting a pair for my stock recumbent bike. I'm wondering what the chainline measurement is. I want to space my crankset and chainring over as far outboard as possible to avoid the chain from rubbing on the front fork. With non outboard bearing BBs you can get longer spindle lengths to do this, with an outboard BB cranset you are pretty much stuck with the spindle they install on the crank, so I'm wondering what this crank has. It's nice to see that they do come with 130 BCD and 53/39 chainrings. Previously I think I only saw a 110 BCD with compact 50/34 chainrings. 145, 155, 160, 165 mm crank length. Current price $299

Edited by - Upright Mike on 01/24/2017 19:08:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000