HP Velotecknic Scorpion FS26 velomobile
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gman

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  04:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried to make a shell for the new scorpion FS26? If you go to Utah Trikes' website and look at their "Recent Builds" section, my scorpion FS 26 is the mango and black one. I was private messaging on the other site and spoke to a few of my old Velonaught buddies and nobody has done it yet but they all agreed it would be a fantastic velomobile!
I have owned a sinner mango, green speed glyde, Bluevelo strada, velocity velos velomobile built on my terra trike and most recently the yellow rotovelo that is currently for sale on the other site. They all had their pros and cons. The Strada was the one I rode the most putting over 18,000 miles on it.
Believe it or not, I like the velocity velo the best even though it didn't have suspension!
I was too cramped in my mango and to a slightly lesser extent in my Strada. I also didn't like the center steering stick and drum brakes, especially since they were controlled with two fingers. I upgraded to the 90mm drums on the Strada and they still paled in comparison to the trusty BB7's
The scorpion FS26 is the ultimate trike. Any ideas on building a shell for it? I don't mean a Frankenstein looking crop last one, I mean something more along the lines of the velocity velos shell.
I already have had several conversations with Taylor at Velocity velos and he has no plans yo try and make his blue sky design shell fit on it#128546;

Edited by - Gman on 11/24/2014 04:17:29

warren
human power expert

USA
6118 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  09:09:21  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can always just order a shell from Blue sky and fit it to the trike yourself...
Go to Top of Page

Gman

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  04:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spoke to Taylor about that at length and duscussed it on the other velomobile message board I. Depth and unfortunately that shell just won't wotk with that trike nor will the one made for the ICE trike#128553; Something entirely new needs to be created. Rotovelo is almost ready to release the new full suspension rotovelo and someone over on the other site said they are even considering making the next gen full suspension rotovelo with a 26" read wheel and about 5-8 lbs lighter for the plastic one. My hope is that if nobody else dies it then HP Velotecknik will do it themselves! They seem to always be looking to improve their trikes. I did have a chance to see the new FS plus trike and thought it was way too massive
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6118 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  12:44:01  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I rode some of the HP Velotechnic trikes at RecumboCon. The suspended trikes handled well and were very comfortable and cushy. Though the anti-sway bars really helped tame the suspension in the corners, the high seat position made them tippier than some of the lower trikes.

I think that the trikes would make good commuters as visibility is a bit better, but the the fairing would need to be pretty large to accommodate them. Maybe a extender strip between the Bluesky upper and lower fairing halves would allow the trike to fit. You could always just order the fairings from Bluesky snd fit the trike to the fairing yourself...

-Warren.

Edited by - warren on 11/25/2014 12:47:37
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2016 :  17:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RE HP Scorpion Velomobile suitability: I am in the process of integrating my HP fs-26 into a modified Velocity shell. It CAN be done but quite a close fit.
It appears that the finished velo ready to ride will weigh 29.5 kilos....right in the area of the Euro Velos. It is a bit draggy at CD estimated at .2 compared to the .12-.14 ? of a Quest but a pretty good compromise factoring weight,drag,cost, and mechanical quality.
I expect to be done with the project in August or thereabouts.
NL
Go to Top of Page

Ivo.M
Starting Member

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  18:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arcus Velomobile claim that the shell can be made to fit a Scorpion.

http://arcusvelomobile.com/
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  15:27:25  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just buy one and let the ICE melt down in it. Looks like a great shell. I would get the front suspension.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000