bafang 750 on velo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  06:42:28  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bafang 750 on velomobile or trike or mtn bike/road bike. (my customer wanted bafang, & bafangs are very interesting).

I bought a laptop cable from luna cycles (youtube) .

I have a link to program the bafang from my friends in cz republic/europe.

My friend ray will help me with program, the bafang is throttling up just a lil' to hard for twin chain wheels and the rohloff 14 sp gear hub at rear. So maybe we can fix it now.

Americans always wanta here that word motor.
---------------------------

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/18/2017 09:36:53

AviationMetalSmith
recumbent enthusiast

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  14:20:17  Show Profile  Visit AviationMetalSmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IIRC, the Bafang come with two sideplates, which bolt onto each side of the Bottom Bracket Shell ( you have to remove the existing BB ) and it comes with a new BB and Chainring... It allows the Motor to be completely disengaged, so you can pedal without turning the Motor Armature .
After my own experience with an E-Bike, I can see the advantages of this. The motor can be a significant drag when you don't want to use it .
The Bafang drives the Bottom Bracket when engaged , and is therefore Chain Drive.
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  19:39:19  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gonna put the soft start on it. It comes on to hard for the rohloff out back.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  15:39:06  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought a bafang eRAD motor on ebay for 250$. Their kinda interesting to take apart. Free learning on youtube (i follow brunos videos). And accessories popping up in many countries that are great for bafang. The programming is getting better too.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

pjulien
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  09:17:16  Show Profile  Visit pjulien's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I built this Pino Tamdem semi-recumbent with Bafang BBSHD 48V/1000W, 2 48V batteries 24.2Ah, Cycle-Analyst BBS Controler, 2 solar pannels x 100Wc each. Lots of fun for the Suntrip Tour in Alpes next July https://www.thesuntrip.com/st-tour-2017/st-tour-2017-en]
www.ffotr.com

Salutations, Best regards
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  09:46:37  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ebay/ Got money back on used bafang, missing parts. Existing bafang moving forward. Reciving two motor shut-off sensors for bafang (1 for brake, 1 for rohloff/ inline cable housings additions). Will install monday or start on it. Bafang is good hooked up to laptop for sure to change stuff. Just installed free controller that came in.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  10:01:50  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are zillion ways to set up a bafang and zillions aftermarket gadgets to go on them from many countries. Iam working down in a velomobiel. Think iam close to getting it finished, maybe next friday.

I like california ebike and lectric-cycles in las vegas. And bruno's youtubes are incredible from down under/australia.

How and what products did some of you use on your install. U see what l used.
-------------------------
also these people: https://em3ev.com

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 05/20/2017 09:18:12
Go to Top of Page

pjulien
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  13:52:54  Show Profile  Visit pjulien's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is my new Scorpion FS20 with Bafang 1000W; 48V; CA3-BBS; Rohloff Hub; Veltop sunroof. Next step: Solar pannels over my head!

Edited by - pjulien on 12/08/2017 13:59:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000