Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  18:22:59  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have good luck with photobucket.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
recumbent guru

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  10:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the whole front top of the corovelo apart yesterday, and raised the top 3/4" and pulled the right side in about a 1/2" to match the left side. I also re-did a few other things to it. It feels even better to ride now. My knees do not hit anything and it just feels roomier.
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  14:17:57  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found this pic: looks good for trike with tiller, 1/16 acrylic windows.

[/URL]

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
recumbent guru

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  15:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am taking the corovelo out again tonight. Last night was very funny. The reactions from people are just too funny. If there is enough light I will turn on my GoPro and post a video on youtube of some of the funny reactions I get. I must have had to talk and explain what the corovelo and recumbent trike is to over 100 people. I end up telling them to go to this site and look at all the build projects here. At least 20+ young people were very interested in building and buying recumbents. One high school kid told me about the solar car project his class worked on. He now wants to build recumbent trikes and bikes. I do not put down other types of bikes, just tell the benefits of recumbents.
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  16:45:02  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'll be building another soon, it in your blood now.

I love how OBrien used thin aluminum to hold coro to his frame , really clean looking.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Close out with flex fabric:

[/URL]

Edited by - carolina on 08/04/2017 16:54:04
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
recumbent guru

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  17:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, another corovelo this winter for sure. Where did you get the pictures of Obrien's? Does he have build pictures? I really like how he did the tail section. Looks like the turtle deck comes off so you can get to the rear end. I am tired of the cable ties and tape joinery! My next build might be aluminum and aluminum pop rivets. The hot glue doesn't cut it for me. I wonder if shrink wrap would work in some areas?

My next trike and coro build will have indirect steering. You have a lot more options that way.

Edited by - Jerry on 08/04/2017 17:27:31
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  17:48:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No l dont think he posted but a few pics.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

Grant-53
recumbent guru

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  19:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of good combinations available. I have 9mm aluminum honeycomb for bulkheads, sheet aluminum 0.016" and the chicken wire/0.005" tarp laminate to use along with the coroplast. Some curved PVC tubing in the nose helps keep it stable. There are a number of adhesives better than hot glue for structural work. A recumbent pedal car could be fun if light enough for hill climbing.
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  20:26:00  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heres matching pic below of zombie pic above. Interior shot.

All the velomobiles are adhesive together with windshield adhesive, the stuff is incredible. Shame its not in colors. I have ryobi cordless caulk gun to shoot the aluminum containers. I wish i had known about dow u-428 (ebay) windshield adhesive years ago.

[/URL]

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/04/2017 20:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
recumbent guru

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  05:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carolina. I use to use that dow U-428 stuff on my old Dodge 4 wheel drive pick-up. I was out cutting firewood when my buddy missed judged his throw, and the piece of wood went through my rear window. I used the Dow sealant and it worked great. Same stuff the guy used to put in a new windshield in my car a couple years back. I could use the Dow on the inside and between coro joints. Man, that would be very strong.

Tonyscat has been talking to me about my build. Nice guy.

My cell phone has been broke for a few months. Just replaced it the other day. Yeah, I know, I am cheap! It is the same number, just a new phone.

Edited by - Jerry on 08/05/2017 05:06:24
Go to Top of Page

carolina
recumbent guru

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  13:14:55  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok good ya have the cell back! Tonys a good member.

The netherlands taught me to use DOW on all cf to cf parts. The two pieces of coro cannot come apart, (i guess:) iam sure,) its not silicone as you know. I wonder what OBrien uses?

I just mask off and shoot a cosmetics bead of it after the structural bead is cured the following morning.

You can build a winter shell and a summer shell.

Heres your summer & spring top/affordable:

[/URL]

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/05/2017 13:19:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000