New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eskimo
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  15:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am experiencing disappearing posts. These are posts that people have replied to and that I have new info for. On my first topic I lost the 23rd and 24th post but they came back after a time! Is there some protocol I'm missing?

It is actually the 2nd Topic that I have lost and someone has already replied to. Both the topic and reply are gone.

Thank you

Joseph J. Quinn III

Garrie L Hill
human power supergeek

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  16:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warren posted that there have been numerous problems in migrating to a new provider. He's fixing things as quickly as possible. You are aware that this board is run by volunteers, yes?

Garrie "carbon based lifeform" Hill
HPRA Co-Dictator of the East
for pics of some of my time and money sucking projects
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/cfbb/
and videos
http://vimeo.com/5513519

Go to Top of Page

eskimo
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  15:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Garrie! I hope this didn't sound like a Vent. Just communicating. It is an awesome Forum!

Thanks for the info

Joseph J. Quinn III
Go to Top of Page

Joel DIckman
recumbent enthusiast

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  18:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Joel DIckman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eskimo

...It is an awesome Forum!...

Joseph J. Quinn III

Agreed. The quantity of posting here is not as high as a certain other recumbent site. But the quality here is much higher.

I posted a response to your note about crashing, your bike seat, and so on. Warren is doing website maintenance, and this must have caused a bunch of notes to disappear, including your post and my reply. Looks like most of the stuff from this month vanished into a black hole in cyberspace.

My suggestion was that you did not have adequate padding under your butt, and this was contributing to the pain you felt after your close encounter of the life-threatening kind. Foam pipe insulation from Home Depot, Lowe's, or the like is cheap. Wrap few layers around the cross brace of your seat. It might help. Thermarest inflatable seat cushions are also cheap and very effective. You can vary the inflation and adjust them to your personal comfort. Other kinds of foam might work. Experiment, tell us what helps, and what does not.

Hope your crash-induced butt pain goes away quickly, and you can get back on the bike. Get some good rides in before the weather changes.

Safe riding,
Joel Dickman
http://lightningriders.com

These three prevent most accidents: seeing, being seen, & (usually) common sense.
Go to Top of Page

eskimo
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  23:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Joel! Quite a truck load of info! I'll be digesting that for a while. I took the seatpad off of the mounting bracket and I noticed it had oblong holes for adjustment forward and back. These holes are 1"-1 1/2" long. So I reinstalled the seatpad and pushed it all the way forward as far away from the malicious metal bar as I could. I wouldn't have thought that that would have been enough adjustment but I took a casual 5mi ride (1st in 3-4 weeks) and it felt fairly comfortable.

I want to experiment with putting a lift of 1"-2" under the seatpad to get the pad farther away from the bar. So as soon as I overcome the forces of procrastination and do some shopping for a suitable solution I might try that. My gut level feeling on this problem is that adding padding might adversely affect handling by taking away some of the feel for what the bike is doing.

Thank's for the ideas! I will give them serious consideration!

Joseph J. Quinn III
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6050 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2017 :  15:42:01  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys. After they initially moved the server (not something I asked for!) I asked them to restore the posts. It took them 2 weeks to do it and that wiped out the last two weeks. No more changes I promise!
Go to Top of Page

Grant-53
recumbent guru

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2017 :  19:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all you do.
Go to Top of Page

AviationMetalSmith
recumbent enthusiast

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2017 :  16:05:23  Show Profile  Visit AviationMetalSmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are aware this site defaults to "last 30 days" ?

"Showing topics 1 - 6 of 6, sorted by in order, from 'Last 30 Days' " ?

as shown at the bottom of the General Topics menu.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6050 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  12:31:42  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anybody can change that
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000