New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimincolorado
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  10:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spotted an velomobile yesterday that I thought was labeled Aero Tech. Is there such a thing?

Jim

warren
human power expert

USA
6049 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2017 :  13:27:34  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was probably just advertising Aero Tech - a maker of bike clothing that has recumbent specific items.

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/recumbent.html
Go to Top of Page

Joel DIckman
recumbent enthusiast

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  13:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Joel DIckman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimincolorado

I spotted an velomobile yesterday that I thought was labeled Aero Tech. Is there such a thing?

Jim

Go to Google Images and type in "aerolope". Is this the vehicle you spotted? The shell was designed by a Russian aircraft engineer named Boris Zakoldev (or something close to that). I think a company in Arizona (Glas-Tec?) was making fiberglass shells based on this design some years ago, and some recumbent riders were using Turner short wheelbase bikes inside them. Someone brought one to a race at the Northbrook Velodrome in a previous geological era.

Or maybe you saw something totally different...

Safe riding,
Joel Dickman
http://lightningriders.com

These three prevent most accidents: seeing, being seen, & (usually) common sense.
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
3699 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  14:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joel, Rob Wood raced it the year we held the championships at the old AMC test track, I think in Burlington WI. Probably about 1997. I submit my guess at Boris's last name: Zakeldiev. He is a brilliant engineer who struggled at first after immigrating to America from Moscow. Eventually doing very well. I think I remember he sold those molds to someone in Texas. A neat design, but not fast.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000