www.recumbents.com - What are best days to watch?
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 WHPSC (Battle Mountain)
 What are best days to watch?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinN
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  10:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a few years since I have been to a IHPVA race and I have never been to Battle Mountain.

I need to fly out and rent a car - so I wondered what days are the most interesting. And what goes on that might be specific to Battle Mountain.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin

jjackstone
recumbent enthusiast

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  10:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 'faster' days are often towards the end of the week. By that time most teams have worked out the bugs in their bikes, become acclimated to the altitude, and learned how to ride the course. However, there is always the possiblility of bad weather. That could be rain, snow and/or extreme wind conditions.

Specific to BM? If you are talking about other local events or diversions there has been a carnival around this time of year in the past. I think that it is usually closing down about the time we arrive though. There may be tours of some of the local mines as they help sponsor the event.
Here's a link to their Chamber of Commerce page.

https://www.battlemountainchamber.com/tourism.html

JJ
Go to Top of Page

Carole
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  11:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Normally on Tuesday of the week around lunch time there is a gathering of all teams and bikes at the Civic Center. Battle Mountain's Third Graders make it a field trip to come and see the bikes and talk to the teams. It's also a great time for spectators and volunteers to get a good look at the bikes and ask questions!
Go to Top of Page

sofabike

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  15:52:37  Show Profile  Visit sofabike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First time in 2016y I come on Tuesday. Last Year 2017 from Sunday to Saturday the Whole WEEK. For me it is a little over 2,500 miles to drive One-Way.
I will START my trip from Florida Labor-Day-WeekEnd .... Must be on a Roar towards BM NEVADA September-2. Communication via FB my-login (Nik Runner)
Go to Top of Page

KevinN
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2018 :  10:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Coming Monday-Wednesday worked best for schedule and flights. Looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

KevinN
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2018 :  10:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Coming Monday-Wednesday worked best for schedule and flights. Looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

sofabike

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2018 :  22:28:14  Show Profile  Visit sofabike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
7 Sept Friday night sleeping at Bonneville race track stop. Saturday will hang around Wendover. Sunday paln = about noon be in BM NEVADA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000